• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

U GUYS R WAY TOO COOL...

Sportster

FULL TILT BOOGIE
HOLY SH!T!!!!.... I can't believe my eyes, THIS has to be THE most stand up BB community I've ever been involved with, and its been far too short of a time to make a call like this IMVVHO....However, I am shocked, stoked, and bewildered to say the least. hadda check my post count for this thread....teehee....don't wanna blow my chance on a newbie contest here..cool, I am safe to pay respects to a certin member here, who saw my nick the day I registered and hit the Howdy Folks... to tip my hat, and maybe shake a few hands...Right off the bat, I get a pm message asking me about scooters..."Cooool....right up my ally!!!" I thought...as that convo transpired, I asked a couple humidor Q's that were promply answered within minuets...Too Cool!! I know I am going to like this place, since I am really what you'd call a cigar newbie..My profile tells of the horror I went thru before a few months ago...LOL!! ANYWAY!!!...to make a short story long, this member..WAIT!! BOTL.. :D yeah, ok....the BOTL asked me if I had a humidor, my reply was "NO" but I am looking at them on ebay...end of that dicussion, and on to cigars, as I have a butt load of Q's to ask....I took it easy on him, as I know 1st hand how newbies can get carried away and make an ass of themselves, or become a PIA which here I don't wanna do...This cat offers me a few samples to see what I think of some other brands and whatnot..."Suuuure..." I said, "how much do I need to send ya??" his reply was "naw.....just consider it a RAoK!!..see what you think..." Ok!! easy enough, and I said "When I am more flush in sticks, I'll do the samething to a newbie as you've me.." good enough......Next thing today, I hear this noise on the porch, dogs bark and I go to see...no one there??..WTF??..open the door to find a package proped up on the screen...WTF?? bring into my office and slice that baby open, and MUCH to my suprize I find a wooden box.. Could this be???....Naaawwwww YES!! ideed it was...I had completely forgot talking about humidors with this new friend, and here is what I found....BTW, this BOTL I've been speaking about is, in my opinion a TOP SHELF MEMBER here!!!

Thanks very very much stlboarder, you rock sir... :D

gallery_9615_1076_58061.jpg

gallery_9615_1076_107768.jpg

gallery_9615_1076_2046.jpg

. . . and that's the difference between a community and a forum. Good on whoever bombed ya!

BTW, nice Sporty. Good old skool vibe she's got.

~Boar

That's an awesome gift, Bro. Nice play, stlboarder. :thumbs:

Sportster: FYI - it's bad form here to post the contents of bombs/gifts. A pic of the humidor isn't bad, but no need to post pictures of the individual cigars. Just enjoy 'em! PM me if you want more of an explanation. :)

WOW that was nice of stlboarder. Im glad you got such a nice gift,those cigars are pretty good. Congrats on the new hobbie and welcome to CP.

....sorry!!! Fixed :whistling:

Thanks for the FYI Mr Holmes!!!

BTW- Thanks Boar, she's 1969 XLCH rigid :cool: Old Skool indeed...

Got a '68 XLCH myself. :cool:

Don't ride her much . . . seems as much as I like ol' Sheeza, a Sportster's just a tad undersized for my outsized frame. Kinda like a Russian circus bear on a tricycle! :laugh:

Had the best time of my life building her, though. Turns out that's the part I like best.

minnesota.jpg

~Boar

Very cool bobber look....I see too, kicker only!!! ROF, ain't that a b!tch?? Heres a couple shots of the ole '69....40 years old this year :D

69_Sporty_001.jpg

Jan2007142.jpg

Next shot, since we're talkin' scoots, is my next ALMOST finished project!!

Softail.jpg

Glad to see some like minds, along with ~fine~ cigars...

Nice! :thumbs:

I dunno what people think the big deal is about kickin' Sporties . . . as long as you do it exactly right the FIRST time it's no problem.

Of course, if you don't, you'll be there all day! :laugh:

~Boar

Whew, paragraphs are your friend. :p

And that's an awesome gift. CigarPass is a great community to be a part of.

Hey Sportster, fellow newbie nice bike! Love the new project your working on also. I have a 1993 XLH myself, I will see if I can dig up some pics of it. Stupid winter makes me store my bike! I have only been here for as long as you have been and ya these guys rock! Just trying to find others from my area seems to be a tough one.