• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

U.S. Postal Service Alternatives

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I priced out a normal package (24x24x15 inches, 7 lbs.) on ups.com and it was very pricey. I am starting to hate the USPS, so I am looking for other cigar pass options. Any suggestions?

You can overnight a package using USPS cheaper than most second day packages through ups. On top of that, if it doesn't make it to the destination by noon or 2 pm, you can file a claim and recoup your costs. I sent my last pass to Benjie and it arrived there in less than 24 hours. Thats my 2 cents, YMMV.

Emo

I just turned from a FOG to a FNG I guess, but what the heck is YMMV? ???

The USPS is the best bang for the buck period. If you want perfection in your deliveries and accountability than you will need to pay for it. Cheap and over the top quality usually do not work well together.

I've had my share of screw ups with the USPS but when you put things in prospective with the sheer volume they handle and what we pay for it you're getting a bargain.

I agree with Kenny 100%! The USPS makes mistakes... no question, but I feel it's a good value to ship through them. I always use Priority Mail and sometimes Express Mail and it's always worked well for me! I do wish they had a better tracking system but for the prices being charged it's a good deal IMO!

Aloha,

Wade

Actually, If you want to save dough on heavier shipments FedX ground is the cheapest but it is a hassle if there is not one close to you.

I prefer Fedex over UPS hands downs. Far better service than the brown truck. Now UPS might have an edge over Fedex for buisness shippers, for the average Joe, Fedex is the way to go.

Emo

THanks for the Duh! there Emo (YMMV....must be an original).

As for shipping, I have never used anything but USPS for cigars. But Tommyrox and I both participated in Mels pass. They wanted to charge Tommy over $30 to ship it USPS without Insurance. He was able to ship it FedEx for about $13 and that included automatic Insurance.

Don't know why it was $30, but $14 with Insurance included is a bargain when compared.