• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UFC 79: Nemesis

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
Just saw that Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva has been added to this card.

Can't wait to see this one.

An interesting fight especially in light of them both being past their best days.

An interesting fight especially in light of them both being past their best days.

IDK I mean you have to look at who they fought, wanderli lost his last 2 fights sure but hey lost to Mark Hunt and Fedor both heavy weights.

Chuck lost to rampage and Jardean.

not exactly the same level of competition.

IDK I mean you have to look at who they fought, wanderli lost his last 2 fights sure but hey lost to Mark Hunt and Fedor both heavy weights.

Chuck lost to rampage and Jardean.

not exactly the same level of competition.

I agree with you. On paper (and by virtue of who he's fought over the years), Wanderlei is the more complete fighter. But, judging from the recent performance of Pride fighters coming over to the UFC, I'd say it's a crap shoot. You just don't know.

In their prime I'd expect Silva to knock Liddell out.

I think that Silva knees and aggresive nature will keep Chuck from getting into a rythm. But then again part of me says thats good for Chuck since he is naturally a great counterpuncher. Also Silva hasn't been in a cage since ~2000 so I'm not sure how that's going to affect him. I would love for Chuck to win and go out on a good note, but I think Silva might be too much for him?

Wanderlei's last two fights were against Dan Henderson (loss via KO) and Mirko "CroCop" Filipovic (loss by KO). He's never fought Fedor.

But he did beat Quinton Jackson twice, who KO'd chuck a few months back.

If you look at Chuck's record, you'll see that he has never fought a real striker. All his opponets have been wrestlers or ground fighters. Jeremy Horn might be the best striker on Chuck's record prior to fighting Rampage. Chuck is a great counter puncher, but I think a real accomplished striker would school him.

Wandy's last appearance in the octagon didn't go too well. KO loss to vitor belfort in something like 22 seconds.

Still I think Wanderlei should get the W here.

For what its worth Wanderlei came over to the states and helped Randy train for his fight against gonzoga, I'm not sure but i think he still trains at xtreame Coture.