• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Uh Oh ;( I made a booboo (HUMI HELP)

Jesuswept

Oh, the horror!
I got a new Humi for x-mas ( THE RAVELLO) and it has a great seal and everything but I accidentally spilled like 1/4 of the bottle of activator in it.
I dried it out the best I could and even took a hair dryer to dry out the cedar.
I was reading that if you get the cedar wet like that it could ruin your Humi.
Do you guys think my Humi will be ok? What problems with the wood should I look for?

Thanks for any help,
I'm brand new to this forum and looking forward to being part of this community.

Trever

Get as much of it out as you can. Some DampRid in there for a few days may help. Or just leave it open for a few days. After that you will need to season the humidor before putting cigars in it. Once it is holding steady humidity, you can put your cigars in.

Your humidor will probably be fine. Only time will tell if you will have warping or cracking. If it is well made, it can probably withstand this accident.

JK

Jim is right, as long as it wasn't sitting in there for any length of time you'll be fine once it dries out.

Now go do an intro in the proper forum.

Welcome to the board Trever! Nice humi by the way, As JimK said, I would simply leave it open for a couple of days while it dries out a bit before starting the seasoning process.

Does that activator have PG in it?

Now, I don't have much experience with it, but it may not dry out very well, and once the water in the activator solution does evaporate, won't the PG be left as a sticky residue? Someone else out there may be able to shed more light on this.

yeah it does have PG in it. I cleaned it up the best I could with a cloth and ran a hairdryer on low setting and it seems bone dry right now. It isn't sticky to the touch so I hope thats a good sign.