• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ultimate Football Pool

ilikefishes

Ladies and Gents,
Every year for the past 15 or so years, I have run a football pool for the playoffs. This started out as just a Super Bowl Pool, but has grown into a monster of a pool. I give you the Ultimate Football Pool.
CIMG3103.jpg

Last year 36 people won their money back. There were 60 people that won some money back with the least amount being $35.00. I will post the payouts when I get it figured out how to post an Excel spreadsheet. The following is how it works:

There are ten (10) College Bowl Games that start on New Years Eve. These pay out on a quarterly and game as follows:

1st, 2nd and 3rd Quarter scores get $40.00
Game gets $80.00

Total of $2,000.00 paid for these games

AFC and NFC Wild Card Playoff Games pay out as follows:

1st, 2nd and 3rd Quarter scores get $35.00
Game gets $75.00

AFC and NFC Divisional games pay out as follows:

1st, 2nd and 3rd Quarter score gets $50.00
Game gets $100.00

AFC and NFC Championship games pay out as follows:

1st, 2nd and 3rd Quarter score gets $75.00
Game gets $150.00

Pro Bowl Game pays out as follows:

1st, 2nd and 3rd Quarter score gets $60.00
Game gets $120.00

The Super Bowl is where it gets really fun.

1st, 2nd and 3rd Quarter score gets $250.00
Game gets $500.00

There is a $1,000.00 pot that pays out every time the score changes. So imagine the following scenario:

AFC Team NFC Team
0 6
0 7
3 7
3 3
3 4

This would be five (5) score changes. If this is how the game ended there would be $200.00 going to each of the people that owned that square.

Finally there are special circumstances in the Super Bowl. These are determined right before the game. In the past they have been similar to the following scenarios:

When there is a 45 + Yard field goal made, then add 9 points to the team that kicked the field goal and subtract 5 points from the defensive team. That person would share in this pot of money that is worth $450.00

So if you are interested send me a PM and I will get a square for you. It is already 25% full and I just put it together over the weekend. Just thought I would extend it out to all the New England fans because they won't have much to cheer for this year in the playoffs :)

Everyone else you are welcome as well. No asshats though, and you know who you are.