• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Understanding "Quote" Buttons...

opusXmarco

Cigar Posse Member
I'm trying to figure out what the 'quote' button with the plus sign is used for. I know if I want to reply, it posts the quote in my posts, but when I click on 'quote' I haven't a clue what it's used for.

Thanks for your help...

One could imagine it's to enable/disable the quote of the post when clicking the reply button next to it, but that doesn't appear to work (for me, now, at least). The text of the post shows up in the reply text area regardless of the quote + or - setting.

I'm trying to figure out what the 'quote' button with the plus sign is used for. I know if I want to reply, it posts the quote in my posts, but when I click on 'quote' I haven't a clue what it's used for.

Thanks for your help...

One could imagine it's to enable/disable the quote of the post when clicking the reply button next to it, but that doesn't appear to work (for me, now, at least). The text of the post shows up in the reply text area regardless of the quote + or - setting.

If you want to reply to more than one post in the thread, you click on the button. In replying to both of you guys, I clicked on the button in each of your posts and it puts all there nice and neat. That way you can reply to more than one person with one post and not clutter everything up with numerous posts.

Thanks for your help...

Ahhhh. I get it now...thanks ya lilbastage!

Good question; I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the clarification and help, LilBastage. :)

If you want to reply to more than one post in the thread, you click on the button. In replying to both of you guys, I clicked on the button in each of your posts and it puts all there nice and neat. That way you can reply to more than one person with one post and not clutter everything up with numerous posts.

Ah-ha... very nice. Thanks for the info! :)

Thanks! Always wondered how people did that. :thumbs:

Thanks for your help...

Ahhhh. I get it now...thanks ya lilbastage!

Good question; I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the clarification and help, LilBastage. :)

Ah-ha... very nice. Thanks for the info! :)

That's handy, didn't know myself :)

Thanks! Always wondered how people did that. :thumbs:

You all are welcome. Glad I could be of use. This post is yet another example of the buttons use... :laugh: