• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unexpected package

Shamrocker

Sheik Yerbouti
I got a call at work from my parents that a package had been delivered to their place, addressed to me. I thought this was odd for a few reasons... normally I'd have something I ordered shipped to my home address, I don't remember ordering anything, and the return address on the Canada Post label was from Gatineau, Quebec, and the return address on the large bubble envelope was from The Office of the Minister of Public Works and Government Services, Receiver General for Canada.

Then it dawned on me. About ten years ago, I sent a letter to that office requesting a flag that had been flown atop the Peace Tower on Parliament Hill. I now have a National Flag of Canada that flew on August 11, 2010. I'm glad I made that request when I did, since the website now says there's about a 27 year waiting period.

That's a nice surprise to get. Enjoy it.

Reminds me of the time I sent some basketball cards off to get signed (Shawn Kemp). Took about a year, but they eventually showed up on my doorstep.

John

That's a nice surprise to get. Enjoy it.

Reminds me of the time I sent some basketball cards off to get signed (Shawn Kemp). Took about a year, but they eventually showed up on my doorstep.

John

Did they come back pregnant?

Haha Keith... funny you should mention this.. I signed up for a flag about a year ago, and then 6 months ago I got a letter from them out of the blue saying it was currently a 27 year wait, but I was on the list...

Would love to see your flag.