• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unexpectedly Great Cigar

Castaway

Just finished a great cigar - a 6" by 52 torpedo - but don't know what it was! :( It came in a sampler, naked and unbanded, and I long ago lost track of what it was called. It sat in my humi for about a year until I finally decided to smoke it tonight. It was a little dry looking, and the wrapper was flaking off at the business end. I even had another stick handy in case I couldn't finish this one. Low expectations turned around quickly. Burned fine, tasted to me like a fine natural Padron, and I smoked it to a nub.

Backup was definitely not needed. :thumbs:

I had two of those this weekend camping.

One was a naked Camacho gifted by a FOG awhile back, amazing cigar.

The other was a RyJ Cedro #4 I believe, very flavorful, more so than I expected, and I am now looking for more. Do these still exist?

If you like the Camacho, get the Camacho Special Limited Reserve Rothschild

I smoked that yesterday for the first time and it was really good.

yeah, it reminded me of that first cigar I smoked in the dominican...aroma and flavor.

Is it just me, or do certain Dominican's just have a peculiar taste to them, that's only found in a Dominican.

You will find that with most cigars. Each country has compounds in the soil that comprise the elements that nourish the plant. Cuba has high levels of lithium which can cause a state of euphoria,Mexican soil has ..well..something that makes the cigars produced there taste like..well..Mexican cigars, Nicaragua has a lot of black soil that causes the tobacco to grow very dark. Each of these characteristics will be indigenous to the country of origin. That's why Connecticut shade grown from the U.S. takes on completely different flavor than a Connecticut SEED grown in Honduras or the Dominican. That's where master blenders come into play.
Enough of my rambling!! I gotta get my arse back to work before the boss comes in.