• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unknown Fuente

muddstick

Brazilia Whore
I have smoked a few Fuentes but had not seen these before anyone know what they are?

The top one is more of a greenish brown. I had not seen the name like this before. Any help would be appreciated!

-gp

Unknown Fuente

Looks like an AF Breva....I could be wrong, but I think it is a medium filler cigar. Not too bad if you are out in the yard or doing something that you won't be able to really appreciate a complex cigar, but if you are looking for cigars in that price range that have a bit more flavor (IMHO) check out Padron Fuma's or Mayorga Robusto Maduro's

Enjoy

Ahhh.... Thank you. These showed up in my mailbox today and I was scratching my head. I think that is exactly what they are.

Thanks

-gp

That is a curly head. Nice everyday smoke.

Yeah I believe KB's got it right looks like a curly head to me. A little mild for my tastes but not bad for doin something else that requires your attention.

CYG

KayakinBoy said:
That is a curly head. Nice everyday smoke.
[snapback]228532[/snapback]​

Absolutely spot on KB.

-Fetter

Not really calling anyone out here, my first thought was a curly head as well, but wasn't sure, so I checked the AF reference that is pinned up in this forum. It says that Curly Head's are 6.5" in length. He didn't line the cigar up exactly with the end of the tape, but it's definitely NOT 6.5". After I saw that on the reference site, I have to disagree and say that it is the Breva. Unfortunately the pictures of the cigars on that thread are not up for some reason. I could be wrong, but that's just how I was looking at it.

edited to say: Can someone either back me up, or put me in my place?

Castaway said:
That yellow one in the middle is a Craftsman 12 footer, I think... :D
[snapback]228527[/snapback]​

LMFAO!! :laugh:

I'll bet you a box of Añejo Sharks it's a 25 footer as that's a more common size :D

bchem said:
Not really calling anyone out here, my first thought was a curly head as well, but wasn't sure, so I checked the AF reference that is pinned up in this forum. It says that Curly Head's are 6.5" in length. He didn't line the cigar up exactly with the end of the tape, but it's definitely NOT 6.5". After I saw that on the reference site, I have to disagree and say that it is the Breva. Unfortunately the pictures of the cigars on that thread are not up for some reason. I could be wrong, but that's just how I was looking at it.

edited to say: Can someone either back me up, or put me in my place?
[snapback]228551[/snapback]​

I was looking close at the size as well on this one. Its not exactly lined up right but to me it seemed a bit too long to be a breva. Also the curly heads in my experience are more common (could just be me). I took a shot but Im just a FNG here so its the only $.02 Ive got.

CYG

If i remember right the Breva does not have print on the cello, and the curly head does.

Here is where I got my info.

Click here and scroll down to the short filler section

The cigar in the picture looks to be about 5.5".

Either way, it's a short filler AF. Curly Head, or Breva, it's definitely the bottom of the AF line. for a couple bucks more you can start to get into some really nice AF cigars IMHO.

Bottom line: ist still a short filler AF no matter what you want to call it. If I were you, I'd hold onto them for "yard gars" and move up to some 858's or something along those lines for a couple bucks more.

Enjoy.

bchem said:
Here is where I got my info.

Click here and scroll down to the short filler section

The cigar in the picture looks to be about 5.5".

Either way, it's a short filler AF. Curly Head, or Breva, it's definitely the bottom of the AF line. for a couple bucks more you can start to get into some really nice AF cigars IMHO.

Bottom line: ist still a short filler AF no matter what you want to call it. If I were you, I'd hold onto them for "yard gars" and move up to some 858's or something along those lines for a couple bucks more.

Enjoy.
[snapback]228567[/snapback]​

Ah,

On the info I found (not as reputable) it said the Brevas were smaller than 5.5 it does look closer to 5.5 than 6.5. But either way I think that what you said about the value he could get for just a little more money is right on the mark.
Really doesn't matter which one it is, probably not gonna live up to that AF name they have so carefully stamped onto the cello.

CYG

coventrycat86 said:
Castaway said:

I'll bet you a box of Añejo Sharks it's a 25 footer as that's a more common size :D
[snapback]228555[/snapback]​

Everyones a smarta$$!! :laugh:

25 Foot!

muddstick said:
I have smoked a few Fuentes but had not seen these before anyone know what they are?

The top one is more of a greenish brown. I had not seen the name like this before. Any help would be appreciated!

-gp

Unknown Fuente
[snapback]228454[/snapback]​

Those seemed lined up last night when I was drinking!!! :whistling:

coventrycat86 said:
Castaway said:

Looks like you may be right...

hmgdShop_ToolsAllCraftsman_25_ft__Tape_Measure_396741-resized200.jpg

coventrycat86 said:
Castaway said:

Nevermind the "25 FT" marking in Red between the 1" and 1½" marks :whistling:

although the length seems to be in question the packaging is curly head.

curly heads have no band with the a fuente on the cello. :thumbs:

curly head deluxe,and brevas have a thin red band, kinda shaped like a padron fuma band. :thumbs:

OutlawD said:

curly head deluxe,and brevas have a thin red band, kinda shaped like a padron fuma band. :thumbs:
[snapback]228608[/snapback]​

:thumbs: :whistling:

OutlawD said:

[snapback]228608[/snapback]​

You hit the nail on the head. The Curly Head is the one with no band and the name on the cello.