• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unknown Unobtanium: Zino Platinum Ten Salomones

wrussell46

Davidoff Sherpa
So there I was, poking around in the "fancy" cabinet after Mark left me unattended in the Humidor at Tobacco Leaf on Eastern. As I shuffled boxes and bags around, I found a large bag full of antique looking blue labeled Zino Salomones. At the time, I had no idea what they were, and slid them to the side as my nosing around continued.
As the months passed, I remembered that bag, but for the life of me cold not find anything online. All I had to go one was "Zino Blue Label" and the search results didn't yield anything concerning a Salomon.
The fateful day came when I was back at the Lounge, poking around in the cabinet again, and there they were, 15 gorgeous Salomones loose in a generic box, cello all browned and weathered, blue band shining at me. Yes! That's when I read on the band "10 Year" and upon my Google search, discovered that in my hand was one of the most rare Zino cigars ever produced (since 2002 that is).
I bought 4 of them. I smoked one, gave two away to close friends who would appreciate such a cigar, and kept one for the collection.
They have since all been purchased, however, if you're dying for one, I know a place where you can still grab an example. Though, TBH, I might grab it! LOL

"...Zino Platinum Ten Salomones, comes in at 7 ¼” x 57 and will be available in a 64-count acrylic cube featuring black matter rubberized accents. The majestic Salomones format is a spectacular indulgence for the aficionado of Nicaraguan tobaccos. The medium-to-full bodied blend experiences an addition of spices and peppery notes through the addition of Criollo tobaccos and a share of Ligero. Small amounts of added Visus from Peru give the blend hints of sweetness. The cigar gets perfect balance through the beautiful Nicaraguan Rosada wrapper from 2004. Each 64-count box will be custom engraved with the name of the retail location it is purchased by. With only 340 boxes available globally and 200 in the United States, the Salomones is even more limited in nature than the Toro." -Halfwheel Press Release, ICPR 2012

The cigar was beautiful to behold and the smell after removing it from the cello was gorgeous; butter, hay, and shortbread with a honey sweetness. I didn't take notes when I enjoyed it, but I do remember the flavors were spot on to the pre-light aroma. Medium to full flavor with a light body, silky smoke with a luscious mouth feel and gorgeous aroma that hung in the air. The burn was perfect, the draw had just a slight bit of resistance, and it lasted just over 2 hours. Any of the spice from the Nica wrapper was subdued, deep honey and roasted nut flavors with cream and butter. I don't recall many flavor transitions, but they did move around on the palette as the smoke progressed. I did have to cut it again at the final third to open the draw up.

All in all, a delightful and brilliant experience that was made even more special with the story behind it. Nothing is more exciting than finding rare, discontinued cigars in a local B&M Humidor!
If you have one, smoke it, if you are looking for one, message me.

Cheers!

Attachments

• AE9D6F41-DE83-4921-9FF4-9B072483C1C1.jpeg
    AE9D6F41-DE83-4921-9FF4-9B072483C1C1.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 219FEFBA-14A8-487C-BE8A-115F7B408A70.jpeg
    219FEFBA-14A8-487C-BE8A-115F7B408A70.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 6ACCD564-BC2A-423F-A85A-FA3FEECFD7BA.jpeg
    6ACCD564-BC2A-423F-A85A-FA3FEECFD7BA.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 25575065-25D4-4FD0-A085-8246FB634D41.jpeg
    25575065-25D4-4FD0-A085-8246FB634D41.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 10
So there I was, poking around in the "fancy" cabinet after Mark left me unattended in the Humidor at Tobacco Leaf on Eastern. As I shuffled boxes and bags around, I found a large bag full of antique looking blue labeled Zino Salomones. At the time, I had no idea what they were, and slid them to the side as my nosing around continued.
As the months passed, I remembered that bag, but for the life of me cold not find anything online. All I had to go one was "Zino Blue Label" and the search results didn't yield anything concerning a Salomon.
The fateful day came when I was back at the Lounge, poking around in the cabinet again, and there they were, 15 gorgeous Salomones loose in a generic box, cello all browned and weathered, blue band shining at me. Yes! That's when I read on the band "10 Year" and upon my Google search, discovered that in my hand was one of the most rare Zino cigars ever produced (since 2002 that is).
I bought 4 of them. I smoked one, gave two away to close friends who would appreciate such a cigar, and kept one for the collection.
They have since all been purchased, however, if you're dying for one, I know a place where you can still grab an example. Though, TBH, I might grab it! LOL

"...Zino Platinum Ten Salomones, comes in at 7 ¼” x 57 and will be available in a 64-count acrylic cube featuring black matter rubberized accents. The majestic Salomones format is a spectacular indulgence for the aficionado of Nicaraguan tobaccos. The medium-to-full bodied blend experiences an addition of spices and peppery notes through the addition of Criollo tobaccos and a share of Ligero. Small amounts of added Visus from Peru give the blend hints of sweetness. The cigar gets perfect balance through the beautiful Nicaraguan Rosada wrapper from 2004. Each 64-count box will be custom engraved with the name of the retail location it is purchased by. With only 340 boxes available globally and 200 in the United States, the Salomones is even more limited in nature than the Toro." -Halfwheel Press Release, ICPR 2012

The cigar was beautiful to behold and the smell after removing it from the cello was gorgeous; butter, hay, and shortbread with a honey sweetness. I didn't take notes when I enjoyed it, but I do remember the flavors were spot on to the pre-light aroma. Medium to full flavor with a light body, silky smoke with a luscious mouth feel and gorgeous aroma that hung in the air. The burn was perfect, the draw had just a slight bit of resistance, and it lasted just over 2 hours. Any of the spice from the Nica wrapper was subdued, deep honey and roasted nut flavors with cream and butter. I don't recall many flavor transitions, but they did move around on the palette as the smoke progressed. I did have to cut it again at the final third to open the draw up.

All in all, a delightful and brilliant experience that was made even more special with the story behind it. Nothing is more exciting than finding rare, discontinued cigars in a local B&M Humidor!
If you have one, smoke it, if you are looking for one, message me.

Cheers!
Very cool, I love digging around in humidors, that's how I found a whole box of BLTC bishops blend from 2021.