• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Upcoming Single Malt Reviews...

MiamiCubano

El Martillo (My Boxing Name)
Just wanted to give a slight head's-up as to what is forthcoming in the very near future in terms of some of my single-malt reviews. Perhaps some can voice their opinions as to which they'd like to see first.

Pulled out of the arsenal is a gorgeous bottle of Bowmore 30 year. This should be exquisite and I can't wait to open it.

Also up to bat, and something I may play against the Bowmore 30, is a Bowmore 25. I'd like to get a good feel of what 5 more (or 5 less, as the case may be) years can do in the Bowmore casks.

Also, to the extent that it might have already been reviewed, I'm still going to go a bit classic and review the Lagavulin 16 year. Is it just me, or do you find masses of people referring to this as "Lagaluvin?" Go figure. Anyway, to show my hand a bit right now, this is a long-standing favorite of mine, so I'm looking forward to putting in my take on it.

Finally, a forthcoming review is going to consist of the Edradour 10 year. I've never tried this one, and this was given to me by a friend the last time my wife and I were staying at our house in Scotland. I'm looking forward to giving this one a try.

So, that's what's in store for the immediate future. However, as I mentioned to AVB, with an arsenal of 53 single malts, this may be subject to change depending on my whims of the day. :)

Let me know if there is anything in particular that I've listed, or anything else for that matter, that you would like to see reviewed first. If I have it, I'll review it. If I don't have it, send it to me, and I'll review it promptly upon receipt & consumption. ;)

MiamiCubano said:
Let me know if there is anything in particular that I've listed, or anything else for that matter, that you would like to see reviewed first. If I have it, I'll review it. If I don't have it, send it to me, and I'll review it promptly upon receipt & consumption. ;)
I tried this already and didn't have any luck, maybe you'll do better :) I'll be looking forward to the Bowmore reviews as one of those two are on my list. My next planned is the Glenfarclas 25 or 30 depending on finances.

AVB - No luck in getting people to send you bottles to review, or just in getting responses from people? Lol. Personally, I'd rather no one voice their opinion as to what they'd like reviewed and just opt for sending me bottles instead. :) :)

My reviews are blind number based, they pick a number and I review the corresponding scotch in my collection. As things are added the sort gets changed so that there isn't an easy pattern to figure out. The input I get is the votes and not for a particular scotch. So far I can't get anybody to send me a sample to review but I haven't given up hope totally yet :p

My God, if I implemented a system such as that, I'd have a headache in moments trying to keep things straight. :)

I too am hoping for someone to take the "cigar bomb" approach and utilize it sending me single malts. No luck yet either. Lol.

I did it that way so all the popular or "good" stuff wouldn't be picked first. I'm sure that all the 30 yo would have been taken right off the top,