• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Upcoming UFC Events....

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
UFC 79 looks to be a great card. I'm looking forward to seeing how Wanderlei does in a cage fight. Also, before watching the Ultimate Fighter this season, I thought Hughes was a dickhead. Now my opinion has changed and I think Serra is a smack talking dickhead. I'm hoping Hughes kicks his ass.

Also, just saw this, which could be a very good fight:

"Thomas Gerbasi, UFC - After a historic 2007, UFC President Dana White is not resting on his company’s laurels in 2008, as he announced at Saturday’s UFC 78 post-fight press conference in Newark, New Jersey that former two-division PRIDE Champion Dan Henderson will drop from 205 pounds to 185 to tackle UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, considered by many to be the best pound for pound fighter in the sport. White said this anticipated super fight will take place in March. Stay tuned to UFC.com for more details in the coming weeks."

I'm looking forward to this card alot, although after watching the show hughes looks like he has lost alot of muscle, he doesn't look to good imo.

Hughes lives down the highway from me a bit. He's not a bad guy at all. He's working, or just finished, a workout video with a local production company.

Dana White needs to get my buddy Vladimir, the Janitor, back in the UFC. He's tearing up the IFL.

Henderson's biggest negative is his age which seems to effect his conditioning later in a bout. I think he has the skill set and toughness to deal with Silva if conditioning doesn't become the overriding factor.

I think both Matt's (Hughes and Serra) are annoying though I think Serra is the better guy in terms of standing up for his people.

How the hell does Serra get out of fighting St. Piere?? Hughes must owe Dana or something, because coming off of his poor performances I can't understand how he gets a title shot. He hasn't looked good in awhile. Yet, St. Piere dominates the class but loses once and he doesn't get a rematch. I'd be mad.

I believe Silva will beat Henderson. He(Silva) is a better all around fighter than Henderson

How the hell does Serra get out of fighting St. Piere?? Hughes must owe Dana or something, because coming off of his poor performances I can't understand how he gets a title shot. He hasn't looked good in awhile. Yet, St. Piere dominates the class but loses once and he doesn't get a rematch. I'd be mad.

I believe Silva will beat Henderson. He(Silva) is a better all around fighter than Henderson

I don't know how they do there rematch system but Hughs didn't get a rematch against St. Piere when he lost the title. Then Serra beat St. Piere for the title and now Hughs gets a shot at him. Id assume GSP gets the next title shot.

Its going to be a good one. With all the big names i would have liked to see a little of it in 78 instead of this big bash.

Yeah this should be an awesome card! Just wish they would cut thier pay per views in half to create better cards...seems like they are stretching themselves a little thin with some of the past cards

War Wanderlei

cimg1852tr3.jpg

He's going to need more than that six pack when Chuck knocks him out!

Also, don't forget that he is probably only 210 or so right there at 6'.

As a side note. I wouldn't mind getting into MMA myself. There is a training site in Raleigh but I'm a little limited by my height (5'10) and since I'm not trying to see 205 again I'd be in the heavyweight divison fighting people taller and heavier than me. We will see I've got to get back in the gym first.

He's going to need more than that six pack when Chuck knocks him out!

Also, don't forget that he is probably only 210 or so right there at 6'.

As a side note. I wouldn't mind getting into MMA myself. There is a training site in Raleigh but I'm a little limited by my height (5'10) and since I'm not trying to see 205 again I'd be in the heavyweight divison fighting people taller and heavier than me. We will see I've got to get back in the gym first.

A prem 5er says Wandy beats chuck

Lesnar is fighting in UFC 81:

Hvywt.: Frank Mir (10-3) vs. Brock Lesnar (1-0)
155 lbs.: Tyson Griffin (10-1) vs. Gleison Tibau (15-4)*
185 lbs.: Nate Marquardt (25-7-2) vs. Thales Leites (12-1)*
185 lbs.: Alan Belcher (11-3) vs. Ricardo Almeida (8-2)*
205 lbs.: David Heath (7-2) vs. Andre Gusmao (5-0)*

silvapunch.gif

62xxvdx.gif

rampage_silva.gif

War Silva WAR!!!!!!

Your on Mrepp. I'll take your fiver! Let's go chuck

edit to add: Silva isn't the same person who beat or shall I say wooped Rampage. Rampage did have a problem with the clench

Hell no! But silva style of coming straight in and Chuck accurate punches will be too much for Silva.