• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UPDATED 2/26/07--My New Nat Sherman Humidor-Small but mighty--65% or 7

CigarBaron

EDIT 2/26: I just added some more pics now that I have a more of respectable collection (still not very big though).

Hey Guys, I finally got myself a humi, it's small but from a reputable store and very unique...all for under $100 shipped (which i think is a steal for a nat sherman humi -although i couldn't find any info on the MSRP online to compare)...As i mentioned before, i don't smoke often and am thinking maybe I should have ordered the 70% Puck instead of the 65%. I read that 70% is better for cigars that are going to be stored for awhile, as mine will be, but i read that right after I ordered the 65% puck...What do you guys think?...if you think 70% is better is there anyone out that that wants to trade their 70% puck for a 65% one?? Right now all the beads from the puck are inside the humidifier that came with the humi so it looks really nice and it's keeping the humidity right at 65% with only a day of seasoning. check out the pics.

Try not to laugh as you look at my very small cigar collection.
TREO367.jpg

TREO368.jpg

TREO369.jpg

TREO371.jpg

2/26 pics:

UPDATEDHUMI1.jpg

UPDATEDHUMI2.jpg

It's all personal preference. But 70% are typically for non-cuban cigars and 65% for cuban cigars.

Sweet humidor and hope this helps

~Mark

Personally, I kept my cigars at 70 before finding CP and switched over to the 65 beads soon after. One of my initial posts, looked a lot like yours with an entire collection of 5 cigars. In my experience the cigars were burning better after making the switch. I would suggest giving the 65 beads more of chance and building the collection a little. If your still not happy with them in a few months, then make the switch. I'm not sure what you meant by cigars that will be stored awhile, as there are 5. Your not going to smoke them?

Am I seeing things or is the band on your Cohiba upside-down? ???

65% seems to work best for me. Interesting humi what is the actual size of it?

65% seems to work best for me. Interesting humi what is the actual size of it?

the actual size is about 10 1/2" L x 8 3/4" W x 4 1/2" H......I'll try the 65% for awhile and see how it works out..Thanks for the responses.

Another vote for 65% beads....70% seems too "wet" for all my smokes. With Viper's 65% beads, my coolers run pretty steady around 65-68% and things really smoke nice.

Nice humi; let's see how it looks, capacity wise, in say about four months.... :cool:

A 100 count desktop and three coolers here..... :p

Cheers - B.B.S.

65% is good for taking the smokes out of the cigar and smoking within a few hours. I take the cigars out of a 70% tupperdor if I'm going to be lugging the cigars around for a half a day or more to smoke them. also, if you feel they are too wet, you can always dry box them.