• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UPS Restrictions

UTKhodgy

Legal Aficionado
I typically use UPS for all shipments here in Memphis just because they have a store close to my house, and they are faster than the USPS here.

Last week I sent my end of a trade with KB through the UPS Store, and everything went without a hitch.

I went in there today to send out some cigars and the same lady who handled my package before told me she couldn't let me send cigars through the mail.

Is there any restriction to mailing cigars through the mail? I just took them home and packaged them in a QVC box and sent it through USPS instead, but they are just a hassle to deal with in Memphis.

Just doesn't seem like UPS to refuse shipment on a non-hazardous package.

ups will only ship tobacco products from vendors to retailers. no home delivery of any kind of tobacco products. no real reasons from our driver but they must have some reasson. :(

The lady seemed a little confused about it as well. She kept saying it should be OK because I wasn't sending out boxes and I wasn't retailing anything. The guy in the background kept asking about if they were Cubans and I just gave him this weird stare.

USPS will be my method from now on I suppose. Nothing too terrible about that, just preferred UPS.

UTKhodgy said:
The lady seemed a little confused about it as well. She kept saying it should be OK because I wasn't sending out boxes and I wasn't retailing anything. The guy in the background kept asking about if they were Cubans and I just gave him this weird stare.

USPS will be my method from now on I suppose. Nothing too terrible about that, just preferred UPS.
[snapback]205674[/snapback]​

sounds like if youd told him they were cuban hed prolly have stole em and smoked em :0

Just one more reason to the LONG list of why i quite using UPS years ago...

Not to mention, USPS is cheaper on average...especially for lightweight packages...use priority mail, its still cheaper than UPS and is faster.

There's no need to even leave your house to ship USPS. You can go to USPS.com and order priority boxes delivered to your house, print labels, pay for postage, and schedule your postman to pick up priority packages.... all from your home...... in your birthday suit if thats your thing. :whistling: ;)

I now only go to the PO when I'm not home to sign for a package.

Allofus123 said:
in your birthday suit if thats your thing. :whistling: ;)
[snapback]205687[/snapback]​

That's a mind-picture I didn't need this early in the morning! :0

i wouldn't tell them what is in the box to start out with. save yourself the trouble by telling them it is a DVD or a CD rom, or computer part. None of their business what you ship. My local USPS office always asks if it is perishable, i tell them it is a chip for a motherboard or something.

Allofus123 said:
There's no need to even leave your house to ship USPS. You can go to USPS.com and order priority boxes delivered to your house, print labels, pay for postage, and schedule your postman to pick up priority packages.... all from your home...... in your birthday suit if thats your thing. :whistling: ;)

I now only go to the PO when I'm not home to sign for a package.
[snapback]205687[/snapback]​

bfreebern said:
Click n Ship is the way to go!
[snapback]205763[/snapback]​

USPS Clink n Ship, hands down! GO to USPS.com and sign yourselves up if you haven't already.

I played poker til 10:40 last night and lost some sticks to Marcsheldon. By 11:00, I was in bed. Marc's cigars were aslready boxed up and ready to go -- with postage already attached. All I had to do was drop the package in my mail box and raise the flag. Click n Ship, baby! :thumbs:

btw, I was fully dressed... no birthday suit. :p

Steve.......

You said you use Click and Ship...... Do you use a Mac because it won't work with my Mac

BkCloud114 said:
Steve.......

You said you use Click and Ship...... Do you use a Mac because it won't work with my Mac
[snapback]205783[/snapback]​

Nope... Gateway laptop running XP.

I think Moki's a Mac user. Maybe you can PM him to see if he uses Click n Ship? Any other Mac users here?

FYI The UPS stores are independently owned like a franchise. If they lose something you will only be able to deal with the store and whatever non-motivated person is the manager. UPS wont do anything for you its all up to the manager to be the go-between.

I made the mistake of shipping two rifle cases through them. Only one came out the other end. Mind you these are bigger then guitar cases, in boxes, weighed 25 lbs per, and were taped together. Anyway to make a long story short it took me two months to get my money back. If I had shipped directly from the UPS hub on the other side of town things would have been exponentially easier.

Around my area english is a second lanquage for the USPS so I usually go with UPS when I ship something.

I just wouldnt tell them what was in the package. One time I told them I was mailing a water pump when I was returning some gun parts. Nothing improper I just didnt want the hassle of them asking questions and opening the package.

Russell

stevehawk said:
BkCloud114 said:
Steve.......

You said you use Click and Ship......  Do you use a Mac because it won't work with my Mac
[snapback]205783[/snapback]​

Nope... Gateway laptop running XP.

I think Moki's a Mac user. Maybe you can PM him to see if he uses Click n Ship? Any other Mac users here?
[snapback]206094[/snapback]​

Big time Mac user here and I can confirm that USPS Click and Ship will not work. Let's you do everything but it won't print. Bummer. USPS.com is obviously using something non-standard in their interface. Never had a problem with any other website. Haven't tried using Virtual PC though - maybe I should (works great with Ultimate Bet poker).