• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Upstate NY Area Herf

smokem

Been looking around a bit and I see herfs mentioned for NYC, NJ, CO and so on, but I don't see anything for up Upstate NY.

I see some members from around my area, Scotia, NY, so I'm wondering if there would be any interest in doing a herf around here?

We, I say, We, if there is interest, could have it at someones home, I live in a condo, but would be happy to host something here, although there are draw backs. Or, at any number of the local shops in the area.

We could also use a local park that is very close to my home that has pavilions, a lake, close to the Mohawk river for fishing, if folks wanted to, and a host of other things.

So, what say ye?

Great idea, I hope you get some interest going.

That's about 225 miles from us down here, but if you can definitely hook something up, maybe towards Saratoga Springs, I'd go. I LOVE that area in the Summer. As long as it's not racing season, rooms are reasonably priced and the bar crawl potential is awesome!...and the restaurants are fantastic as well.

Hope it works out! :thumbs:

Saratoga would be a great spot to herf. There is a very nice shop right in town too, but NY cigars prices are a bit out of line for some, so BYC would be a good idea for out of area folks.
 The track is open now from the end of July through the and of August, or the beginning of September, I can never remember the dates.

We'll see if anyone else is interested, and go from there.

Hey guys, I'm on Halfmoon. For those not in the know, that's about 15 min south of downtown Saratoga. Saratoga is such a fantastic place during the summer! Either of you going to the QSH?

Slick, I missed getting my ticket for this years. Have to wait for the next one.

You go to James and Son's at all? Or down to the one on Central Ave?

smokem said:
Slick, I missed getting my ticket for this years. Have to wait for the next one.

You go to James and Son's at all? Or down to the one on Central Ave?

You can still sign up just all the Goodie bags are gone!

I tried a while back to get some interest to met at Saratoga National outside. Many lookers, no takers.
Collar City will represent name a place and time, We are pretty much open. Slick300, you are always welcome
to the SAC. Clifton Park is 15 min away.

Bayamos said:
I tried a while back to get some interest to met at Saratoga National outside. Many lookers, no takers.
Collar City will represent name a place and time, We are pretty much open. Slick300, you are always welcome

I don't know why, but getting folks up here to a herf is like pulling teeth!

We do have a few replies, so lets give it sometime, the weather still sucks here anyway, and see where it goes. If nothing else, we could put together a small shop hoop with lunch and dinner added.

BTW: I'm always open to ideas, so feel free to throw them out there.

Bayamos said:
This!

I don't know about Saratoga National. Nice place and all, but it's a golf course, not really a place to sit and smoke cigars, eat and drink.

Would be a great place for a cigar/golf outing...I don't golf, can't stand the game.

I was thinking more along the lines of something at a shop, many to choose from, with lunch and or dinner at some point. That way we're kind of supporting a local B&M and having a good time in our element so to speak.

Smokem,

Click on this link and check out the outdoor bar and the fire pits.I do not play golf but, they have some of the best food and drinks in the area.
In my opinon, it is one of the best places to fire up a stick.

Maybe it's time to check it out for yourself. It is way more than a golf course.

"not really a place to sit and smoke cigars, eat and drink."  I totally disagree.Check out the veranda, bar, fire pits.

http://www.golfsaratoga.com/tour_prime.php

Agreed Bayamos! Top notch food and atmosphere. Also, they've been trying to capitalize on the popularity of cigars by adding a cigar menu outside on the veranda.

Slick300 said:
Agreed Bayamos! Top notch food and atmosphere. Also, they've been trying to capitalize on the popularity of cigars by adding a cigar menu outside on the veranda.
I love this place. I have had great food, drinks and laughs there. It is "our gem" close to home. There is no better place to be than Saratoga in August.
Last time I was there Bill Parcel was there sitting at the bar all by himself. He lives near by on Lake Lonely. Set-In-Stone was rubbing elbows with the "big tuna". It was a great day!

I wonder how many people think it is not a place to smoke cigars and it is only a golf course? This could be why there were "lookers" no takers when I tired to get a gathering last time.
I understand people if they don't know and think it's "just a couse". Hell, I wouldn't go to a golf course just to smoke cigars either (well maybe).

Yup, The Tuna is a member there. He's there pretty much daily when he's in town. Loves golf.

I'm sorry, I didn't know. I've only been there once to drop off some cigars a long time ago.

I'm game for just about any place.

Looks like we have some interest, so how about we start looking at some dates? Saratoga National seem to be the spot?

I'm good for just about anytime...Next!

Bro its been a day. Be patient. Spring is a very busy part of the year for a lot of people. I also wouldn't be opposed to a her at Saratoga racetrack.