• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Using Insurance in Passes?

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
I seem to be the only one paying for Insurance when I send a Pass on to the next guy? At $2-$4 for $100-$200 dollars of Insurance it seems costly to continue if I am the only one and the Pass organizer doesn't specifically request it.

I would rather take my chances and pay $200 to the Pass organizer if something happened. As far as that goes I have never heard of anything happening where a claim was made.

What's the deal?

With USPS, to make a claim you have to provide proof of purchase, or some other means to verify the cost of the loss. The proof must be in the name of the insured party. :(

My thought on insurance is USPS takes extra special care of packages that are insured. They arrive faster (even priority) and in better shape. Even if you only get $100 worth I think it's a smart investment.

As Wascal pointed out, I don't see how a pass participant would be able to collect on a postal insurance claim as they have none of the receipts.

Personally I never use it as it is a complete waste of money.

Pass organizers should consider signing up for CP Insurance. At least this way if something happens, you will have cigars to replace the damaged cigars.

Has anyone ever made a claim against the post office and gotten any money from them for damaged cigars where they didn't have any receipts to submit? If so, I'd love to hear the story.

coventrycat86 said:
Personally I never use it as it is a complete waste of money.

Pass organizers should consider signing up for CP Insurance. At least this way if something happens, you will have cigars to replace the damaged cigars.
Agreed- But if the pass originator ask that everyone use USPS Insurance then you should use it