• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Van Halen - 2012

stevehawk

'Member? C'mon you 'member!
Has anyone else purchased the new Van Halen? It's not bad. Glad to see David Lee Roth back with the band..

The local radio station has played "Tattoo" a lot since it came out. I wanted to hate it, but it's kind of catchy.

I'm looking forward to listening to the new stuff, Van Halen was never the same when Diamond Dave left.

The local radio station has played "Tattoo" a lot since it came out. I wanted to hate it, but it's kind of catchy.
I haven't heard anything on the radio, but that's the song that keeps running through my head day and night.

I wonder how Joe Dirt feels about the new stuff?

Is this an official reconciliation or just a one tour/cd deal?

I think it's a "'till Dave makes Ed fall off the wagon again, and the whole thing falls apart like the last couple of times..." sort of agreement.

Agree with kann... regardless of what's been announced, the lineup could change at a moment's notice with these guys. For now, I'm just enjoying the new tunes and pretending the last 25 years of Van Hagar/Van Cherone never happened.

I think they sound old. There's very little energy in Dave's voice and I don't care for the vocals without Michael Anthony. I think most of it sounds more like a Van Halen cover band than Van Halen.

I don't know if it's just the iTunes version or the fact that they're rehashing old demo stuff, but there's very little warmth to the sound. The vocals sound like they're just laid on top of the music tracks. It's hard for me to explain, but I don't think it sounds right.

I hope they can stay together long enough to make it throught the tour and maybe even record some new stuff. I love Van Halen and I'm glad they're back together for now, but I'm disappointed in the quality of this release.

and Touring with Kool and the Gang....no I'm not kidding. Glad I saw them in 1978...

I think they sound old. There's very little energy in Dave's voice and I don't care for the vocals without Michael Anthony. I think most of it sounds more like a Van Halen cover band than Van Halen.

Agreed. Diamond Dave looks old, sounds older. No hunger, no energy. Without Michael Anthony the vocals sound...weird. And, Eddie's kid or not, he's not the bass player that Michael was.

Time for these boys to move to a warm climate and count their money, IMHO.