• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Van Halen hits the road!

cuppajack

4p3tdnb.jpg

A I'm sure many of you know, Van Halen is about to hit the road for their first David Lee Roth fronted tour in a LONG time!

As my wife is Diamond Dave's bookkeeper we got put on the list for the bands final dress rehearsal/friends-and-family show last night at the Forum.

I was never a huge VH fan, as I 'came of age' during the Sammy fronted years and was always into the more thrash and prog metal as a teen.

But the boys rocked the fucking house last night!

The two-and-a-half hour set hit every highlight of the DLR era, including an extended drum solo that shook the walls of the arena and a face-melting fury kicked out by Eddie that reaffirmed his place among the pantheon of Guitar Gods.

But it was really Diamond Dave's sauce and savvy the made the show, as he strutted, high-kicked, and goofed around on-stage. It really made the show feel genuine and like they WANTED to be up there rocking out instead of just collecting the paycheck that we seem to keep seeing with these reunion tours. (One of the highlights of the show was Dave's extended solo introduction of 'Ice Cream Man' where he told the story of grown' up in the suburbs of LA and seemed to actually get choked up when he talked about the 'one that got away'))

Bottom line, if you are a Van Halen fan you gotta score tickets for the show when it lands in your neck of the woods!

(photo by my wife)

Damn, I'm jealous! I've been waiting for this going on twenty years now. The six Diamond Dave VH platters are still some of my very favorites.

I grew up with the original VH, saw them a bunch of times live, and if they are 1/2 as good now as they were then, the shows should be spectacular. Let's just hope the "ego's" don't get in the way of the tour, this one looks promising.
Rob

Tickets are over $90.00 for their show at the Mohegan Sun and they sold out in one minute. My brother really wanted to go because Van Halen was the first big concert he ever saw as a kid.

$90.00 is just way too much for a show like this in my opinion but if they can sell is out that fast then they probably should have been asking at least double that.

I saw The Tossers five times last week and tickets were only $10.00 at each show and I got to talk to each one of the band members, drank with them and bowled with them too at Asbury Lanes. :D Now THAT was cool! :thumbs:

I say good for Van Halen though, they're selling out venues right and left for big money and that's great. :thumbs: