• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vegas Robaina Fake or Real?

skittle385

So, I joined the forums just for this purpose of verifying these cigars.

So two of my friends and I did some manual labor for an old teacher and I brought up how I smoke cigars and he ended up giving us 2 each (6 total). His wife was out and she was 100% Cuban, with family there and all that. At first glance, I was skeptical but I wasn't about to say they were fake to his face (because him and his wife really don't know). Anyways, give it a look, 5 or 6 things popped out for me saying it was fake and I'm 95% sure, but just in case, a second opinion would be nice.

http://imgur.com/a/W50WK

skittle385 said:

So two of my friends and I did some manual labor for an old teacher and I brought up how I smoke cigars and he ended up giving us 2 each (6 total). His wife was out and she was 100% Cuban, with family there and all that. At first glance, I was skeptical but I wasn't about to say they were fake to his face (because him and his wife really don't know). Anyways, give it a look, 5 or 6 things popped out for me saying it was fake and I'm 95% sure, but just in case, a second opinion would be nice.

Let me say this nicely, because others won't.

READ THE BIG RED LETTERS ABOVE!!!
Unless you are on a mobile
Switch the view and read the rules. If all you are after is verification of real or fakes. Don't let the door hit ya!!!

skittle385 said:
Well, at least you're being honest. Now proceed to leave. Good day to you.

Let me put it this way...

I joined these forums, which I did not know before googling "vegas robaina real fake" and seeing a post about it, with the intent for my first post to be about this. Not for me to just come here every time I feel like seeing if something is authentic. I see where what I wrote put it that way, but no; I meant that the actually reason I made this account rather than lurk, is so I could make this singular post. 

CMontoya79 said:

Let me say this nicely, because others won't.

READ THE BIG RED LETTERS ABOVE!!!
Unless you are on a mobile
Switch the view and read the rules. If all you are after is verification of real or fakes. Don't let the door hit ya!!!

Thank you, honestly I didn't look for/see it because I was on mobile.

The Black Cloud said:

Well, at least you're being honest. Now proceed to leave. Good day to you.

Thanks but no thanks, now proceed to please read my explanation, thanks...

Posted in big red letters at the top of the forum:

DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR SOURCE VERIFICATION

Jezuz Krist, Einstein, how much explaining does it take?  Why just not come out and say "....F you guys, sure don't want to be a part of this community, just need to suck some of your expertise for free then vanish...".

I hope you got shitty fake cigars you paid way too much for.  There, I said it.

BlindedByScience said:

Jezuz Krist, Einstein, how much explaining does it take?  Why just not come out and say "....F you guys, sure don't want to be a part of this community, just need to suck some of your expertise for free then vanish...".

You're at like a 10 if you could bring it down to a 4 that would be great. Being a veteran on the site, I would assume you know it is not shown in "big red letters at the top of the forum" on mobile. Also, from browsing the different subforums I did want to join in the party (if you actually read what I wrote you would understand), but if it's a bunch of pretentious pricks (which I doubt it is) like you're being, no thanks. You would think typing "fake" or "real" is easier than ranting about new people. Also, that's terrible, I would never wish that on my worst enemy. Luckily I didn't buy 'em. If an hour of moving mulch is paying too much for them than I guess I did.

Let's say this again, you started off crapily by posting on your first post, for authenticity verification. A huge no no. Do not go and start a post war of words with well established members, you won't win. Lastly, if you intend in sticking around, post an intro thread on the intro part of the forum, apologize for your ignorance and learn. CP is a great place if you want it to be. Established members are protective for a reason, do a search. You will read great stories of asshats who are neither welcomed or needed around here.

skittle385 said:

You're at like a 10 if you could bring it down to a 4 that would be great. Being a veteran on the site, I would assume you know it is not shown in "big red letters at the top of the forum" on mobile. Also, from browsing the different subforums I did want to join in the party (if you actually read what I wrote you would understand), but if it's a bunch of pretentious pricks (which I doubt it is) like you're being, no thanks. You would think typing "fake" or "real" is easier than ranting about new people. Also, that's terrible, I would never wish that on my worst enemy. Luckily I didn't buy 'em. If an hour of moving mulch is paying too much for them than I guess I did.

Gee, I'm really sorry you didn't get a nice warm welcome, but with posts like that I'm not sure what you expected.  The fact that the 'big red letters' didn't show up on your phone isn't relevant.  Would you walk into a strange home, put your feet up on the table, and start barking orders, telling everyone they don't know what they are talking about?  That's what you've essentially done here.  It's up to new guys to read and follow the rules, maybe even view the page in non-mobile mode to make sure you didn't miss anything (which is how I view it on my phone all the time anyway).  I read what you posted, but frankly nothing mattered after this little gem:

If you were even slightly motivated, you could find pretty much all you need to validate your smokes with some Google searches and a little legwork on your part.  But, since actually reading the rules of a new community wasn't in your wheelhouse, I don't expect that to happen either.

This is a community of like minded cigar smokers. Emphasis on the word 'community'.  You chose to spit on the community, more than once, right out of the gate.  There is a ton of knowledge here and all that's asked is some semblance of decorum, top of that list is to read and follow the rules.  It's not that difficult, but first impressions are typically quite telling.  Did you post an intro thread, say hello, hang out a bit and get to know the forums?  Nope, you didn't join for any of that.  You just want to take, not contribute.  Since you've got no desire to be a part of the community and no contributions to make, this may not be the place for you.

skittle385 said:

Oh yeah?  Well the JERK store called, and THEY'RE running out of YOU!

3504090779_8b9e1f3136.jpg

Mold for sure got to get rid of them and don't send 'em my way.

I don't support cigars that come from evil communist regimes that believe in persecuting their people.  

It's un-American.

kona1000 said:
I don't support cigars that come from evil communist regimes that believe in persecuting their people.  

It's un-American.
Good one, but do ya got any doo hickies made in China? Most crap is nowadays. Just sayin'

:)