• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vegas Robaina Famosos

flamchop

65/65
Tonight it was just me and the dog hanging out. So I decided to pull this VR Famosos out of the cooler and have a beer (or 4). I picked up a fiver of these from a great BOTL and have smoked four so far. They have been great experiences outside of my first one being plugged.

I poured a glass of Yuengling Black and Tan to go with this medium-full smoke. The wrapper had a nice light chocolate color to it. Under the light I noticed what seemed to be small reflective glitter-type of speckles on it, spread evenly throughout. I don't have much experience with plume on a smoke which at first is what I thought this was... for a second. But I just don't see how that is possible. I'm not sure of the year on these and I'm sure they've changed hands a few times. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't get my hopes up for a second or two. Maybe those strippers I had over the house got into my stash :laugh:

Anyway the smoke is light in the hand and has a little give when squeezed. I clipped the cap and toasted the foot. The draw was perfect on this one; lots of creamy smoke and flavors of spice and a little dried fruit. The burn was perfect the entire way down the smoke. The ash was a light gray to white and held strong until I knocked it off every inch or so. The spice didn't last more than a few minutes and after that it was mostly a tangy fruit flavor, a little sweet. Toward the end of the smoke it seemed to kick up a notch with some more of the sweetness (similar to the Monte Edmundos) and some woody tobacco flavors. Very pleasant throughout, very tasty!

I wouldn't say this is a very complex smoke but it was very good! This has become one of my favorite Cubans... always a perfect burn, lots of good flavor, a good go-to smoke. I'd put it at more of a medium body smoke but by the time I put it down for good, it did hit my head a little... but it wasn't so bad :)

Another nice review bro. :) Kinda funny, but I concur wholeheartedly with that review. I think we might have the same type of tastes in CC's :)

Don

Hope to be trying a Classico soon.
I have been hearing too many good reviews on the VRs. I must try one.

Ah yes, the good 'ol Famosos! :D Definitely one of my favorite smokes, of which I'm close to being out of. Great review Mike!

I had some Classicos from 2001 and most of them had extremely tight draws. I couldn't even enjoy them. The famosos on the other hand are a superb smoke. One of my favorites!! Thanks for the review.

I still have yet to try these but have heard great things! I'll need to one of these days as I'm slowly venturing into the ISOM market.

Ah yes, the good 'ol Famosos! :D Definitely one of my favorite smokes, of which I'm close to being out of. Great review Mike!

Ya know... I only have one left myself. Hmmmm..... :rolleyes: :whistling:

(sound of gears turning)

Thank you for the great pictures and review. I have to get my hands on some of these and I have tried but something always seems to happen ???

ISOM's are becoming an issue with me. :whistling: