• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

VEGAS ROBAINA UNICOS

Mike_D

Just had to post this topic.

I have been smoking cigars for four years now. The last year and a half I have smoked more & more cuban cigars. I still enjoy both cuban & non-cuban cigars. I just want to let it be known....what was the best cigar I have ever smoked in my life. This weekend I received a box of Vegas Robaina Unicos. The box date was Jun 08. So they are still very young.

The aroma from the box was so good, that I had to smoke one of them immediately. I like to try and wait a minimum of three months before smoking any cigars I order and for the cubans even longer. I still have some from the first box I purchased in my humidor. I also have a box of cohiba siglio V's from when my daughter was born and my goal is to smoke 1 a year, on her birthday (which I have been able to do so far)...but I degress....either way, with it's youth & after just being sent across the globe......THIS WAS STILL THE BEST CIGAR I HAVE EVER SMOKED.

The wrapper was a dark brown & oily. It even had what appeared to be a little bloom...which does not make sense for a cigar so young...maybe just the oils.

The construction was perfect, the draw was perfect and the flavor! Amazing...I do not have the palate to pick out particular flavors...but it changed about 4 times throughout the smoke...each time better than the last....DELICOUS. While I am typing this, I swear my mouth is watering.

I have smoked three boxes of Monte #2s. One box was great, the other two just so-so. Don't get me wrong, Monte 2s are great smokes...but the flavor of this VR was just far superior to me. To each his own & this is exactly what I ordered.

Bottom line...the cigar knocked my socks off.

I now just have to find a master lock for my humidor so I don't smoke them all before the months over.

I am new to this website & very much enjoy reading the other posts. I just had to share my experience with other lovers of the leaf. Please...if you ever get the chance...try these stogies. You will not be dissapointed.

Just had to post this topic.

I have been smoking cigars for four years now. The last year and a half I have smoked more & more cuban cigars. I still enjoy both cuban & non-cuban cigars. I just want to let it be known....what was the best cigar I have ever smoked in my life. This weekend I received a box of Vegas Robaina Unicos. The box date was Jun 08. So they are still very young.

The aroma from the box was so good, that I had to smoke one of them immediately. I like to try and wait a minimum of three months before smoking any cigars I order and for the cubans even longer. I still have some from the first box I purchased in my humidor. I also have a box of cohiba siglio V's from when my daughter was born and my goal is to smoke 1 a year, on her birthday (which I have been able to do so far)...but I degress....either way, with it's youth & after just being sent across the globe......THIS WAS STILL THE BEST CIGAR I HAVE EVER SMOKED.

The wrapper was a dark brown & oily. It even had what appeared to be a little bloom...which does not make sense for a cigar so young...maybe just the oils.

The construction was perfect, the draw was perfect and the flavor! Amazing...I do not have the palate to pick out particular flavors...but it changed about 4 times throughout the smoke...each time better than the last....DELICOUS. While I am typing this, I swear my mouth is watering.

I have smoked three boxes of Monte #2s. One box was great, the other two just so-so. Don't get me wrong, Monte 2s are great smokes...but the flavor of this VR was just far superior to me. To each his own & this is exactly what I ordered.

Bottom line...the cigar knocked my socks off.

I now just have to find a master lock for my humidor so I don't smoke them all before the months over.

I am new to this website & very much enjoy reading the other posts. I just had to share my experience with other lovers of the leaf. Please...if you ever get the chance...try these stogies. You will not be dissapointed.

One Forum up Mike. :rolleyes:

Nice review.

I prefer VR over Monte #2s. I find Montes more inconsistent when if comes to flavor.

VRs can be very inconsistent mate, just so you know. I agree they are one of the best smokes available when you get a good one, but don't expect them all to be phenomenal. I know this is applicable to pretty much all Cuban smokes, but when you get a bad VR... you seriously cannot smoke it. I have no idea why.

Try the Classicos too. I just bought a box last week.

Still, one of my favourites. Good job on the acquisition.

Based on this thread I took one of the 2 VR Unicos out of my humi and sparked it last night. I was impressed! Very impressed! What a smooth flavor. Now I by no means have the palette to pick up on all the flavors some do, but it seemed creamy with a caramel flavor to it. It went out once due to the Mrs. needing to have "A Talk" :blush: After the relight it was a little more woodsy and I guess you can call it leather.

Needless to say I enjoyed it and am sad i only have one left.

VRs can be very inconsistent mate, just so you know. I agree they are one of the best smokes available when you get a good one, but don't expect them all to be phenomenal. I know this is applicable to pretty much all Cuban smokes, but when you get a bad VR... you seriously cannot smoke it. I have no idea why.

Try the Classicos too. I just bought a box last week.

Still, one of my favourites. Good job on the acquisition.

true, these are brillant when they are on the mark, however i havent found them ever to be unsmokeable, just a bit loud and fresh, particularly the 08 boxes we have been opening here in the store.
lately the monte #2 has been a better choice for our customers.

i would recommend trying the vr famosos, which have been super smooth this year.

A great cigar and I agree more consistent then the Monte 2. With 5 plus years of age the Unicos rarely disappoints with nice strength and spice.

I very much like the Unicos but the Don Alejandros are stupefyingly good as well and, IMHO, the best of the VR offerings. Ahh, variety. So many cigars, so few hours in the day.

Glad you found a smoke that knocked your socks off.

- Tim

Have to agree with you on the VRDA. Had my first a couple of years ago and have been hooked ever since.

Anybody want to trade for a VR DA? I would love to try one...but after just getting a box each of the VR's, Partagas D4s, Cuaba Divinos & Partagas Culebras I am all out of cash for a while.

Stupid question I know...but what are SCDLH's? San Cristobal ???

Glad to see a few guys on here digging into their humis & starting some fires!

what's the box code? I wouldn't mind picking a box up from that code

Sorry for the delay...you know the story, with the holidays & all

The box code is:

Had another last night....GREAT

USE
JUN 08

Last edited: