• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Venting

PuroEsq

The Member Formerly Known as "JAEwing"
It has been a really crappy week so far - with the distinct exception of receiving my SS08 package. :love:

Satuday morning the wife is up at 5:30am getting ready for work. I am, of course, sleeping soundly as it is my day off. I hear her dressing in the room and wonder why she left the shower on. So in my half-asleep groggy voice I ask. She tells me the shower is not running. So I ask ... "then what is that sound?" "What sound?" Well I get up and follow the sound to the water heater in the closet in he hall. OH CRAP!! The water heater is busted and leaking water all over the grond - it is even running under the wall into the other bathroom. :angry: How she did not hear the sound when she was fully awake and I did hear it when I was asleep is a fight I will surely have with her later.

I call the plumber (friend) and he comes out and laughs - damn heater is the oldest he has ever seen. Appears to have been made somewhere between 1963 and 1970! Given the area it is in I need some special size and shape and $800 later I have a new water heater installed ... on Monday this week so no hot water from Saturday to Monday afternoon.

So now ... its Monday evening and we all go get into the wife's minivan to go somewhere. We don't go out much and when we do someone is always at work ordoing something else so we take my car - so I have not been in he van in weeks or longer. I get in and we drive away. At the first stop I apply the brakes only to hear the wonderful sound of metal-on-metal grinding. So I ask my wife "honey, how long has it been making that sound?" "What sound?" is the reply. So when we stop again I say, "THAT sound" "Oh I don't know" ???

Well just picked up the van from the mechanic (another friend) and $300, two new rotors and new brake pads later we have new brakes on the van.

I had better go check my Christmas Wish list because I was sure I put on there that I wanted to be bent over and screwed for over $1,000.00 in unexpected bills in the last 5 days!

Well thanks for reading ... thanks for lettign me vent CP ... I am going to go grab one of the very nice cigars my SS gave me and relax. :cool:

That is a bummer for sure!! I have had weeks like that before and all I wanted to do was go to sleep and pretend that it never happened.

It's Christmas Luck mate, I tell you. We get it every year.

This year, My glasses broke ($400 replacement), My car got broken into ($385 for a new driver's door glass), Our house got vandalized twice (just needed to clean that off) which is odd because this is a quiet town... well it was I guess. On top of that, my 2 month old daughter is sick and her colic is worse this month and my computer keeps turning off at random moments. Oh, and I needed to get my transmission fixed as well ($250).

Hah! Still, compared to some other Christmas', this one isn't so bad.

Still, I know the feeling of frustration that comes when all your bad luck seems to pile on at the same time. Wonder why that happens?

One Christmas I lost my job, had my car stolen and burnt out (to be left in a kindergarten car park) and got kicked out of my home, as well as finding out about my heart condition. Gulp.

I think that was the worst one.

Have you stopped to consider what a hearing aid for your wife is going to cost.....

Hope it smooths out for you bro.

Tim

Wow sorry to hear about your troubles.....Took me over twenty years and a lot of yelling and screaming but, her vehicle is well cared for now and she even changes her own air filter...well, sometimes.

I do however have good news for you.............Between 1. The heater breaking, 2. Having to get a custom heater, 3. The brake job on the van.............Bad luck most always comes in threes sooooooo, you're okay until the next cycle starts. ???

Consider yourself lucky you have Friends to do the work for you. If you had to call a plumber out of the yellow pages or take your car to the dealership, your bills would have been VERY much higher, probably double. Lastly, sorry to say, most front brake pads have "squeak tabs" that hit the rotor when the pads are roughly 2mm, ensuring the vehicle will be serviced before any damage would be done to the rotor, some cheapo pads don't have the tabs. My wife burned up a clutch before I taught her not to rest her left foot on the clutch pedal. don't take it out on her, it'll only cost you! :thumbs:

It definitely sucks for that to have happened but look on the bright side... now you have a brand new heater and brake pads in time for the new year! :D

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

Funny ... I just thought of a joke I heard a long time ago ...

What is the definition of Stress?

A man with a wife, mistress and mortgage that are all a month late

Glad I am not that guy. :laugh:

That is a bummer for sure!! I have had weeks like that before and all I wanted to do was go to sleep and pretend that it never happened.

That sucks Jason!

We've all had weeks like that before!

I didn't want to bring it up, but I really need that $100.00 you borowed!
:sign:

Stop by the shop sometime next week. I have a little something for you.

Dude, I hope the sex is good, or that there are some other redeeming factors that you haven't mentioned.

I know this doesn't make it easier but it really does happen to us all.

During one week this summer I had a leak coming through the ceiling of my entrance hall from the shower in the master bath. Another coming through the ceiling of the coat closet of my entrance hall from the toilet in my master bath. Plus a sky light that needed to be replaced.

Between the new toilet, repairing the shower leak, replacing the leaky skylight, spackle and paint, to fix the water damage to the ceilings in the entry hall I multiplied your $1000 many times over!

I tell you this story to cheer you up, so you can think about it and say it could be worse at least I'm not Jayro75! :D

I feel your pain. Hope it gets better. We had a similar week last month with the car, my laptop, TV and DVD players all dieing on consecutive days. Car and DVD players are up an running :laugh: .

Man, have I been there. In fact, right now I'm calling a guy to look at our refrigerator -- which cost almost $2k and is only 2 freakin' years old. You have to laugh or you'll cry.