• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Verizon Wireless

billbaker3

So I on Monday I left my LG VX-9900 in my pants pocket. My mother in law decided to help out around the house while watching the kid. None the less cell phones don't like to go through the washer.

Tuesday we went up to the Verizon store near the house and wanted to warranty it. You cant there for water damage, you have to call Assurion. :angry: We go home and call. Well supposedly there is a backorder on them and it could take a week. :angry:

Today I got home and my phone was here. Cool I am thinking that wasn't too bad. I get the trusty knife out and cur the box open. Reach inside and pull the phone out and right away knew something was wrong. The phone felt weird to me. I started examining it and noticed that no where on it did it say it was from LG. The buttons on the outside were raised up a lot, so I opened the phone and instead of the nice smooth opening of my old phone, this one seemed to have sand in the hinges. I keep looking and noticed that the nice curves and lines on mine were rough straight edges on this one. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! :angry:

I looked in the battery compartment and noticed the problem. My phone was made in Korea this one in China. :angry: So I went online. Guess what, you can get knockoff LG phones from China.

Screw this I am thinking the whole time while outside on what should be a nice walk around the park. I went home and called Assurion.

The first girl was pretty snotty, telling me that there is nothing that they can do for cosmetic features. No you don't understand this IS NOT an LG phone its a knockoff. OH that is a tech problem.

I tell the story to the second girl. SHE LAUGHS AT ME. :angry: Then sends me on to the next girl.

This girl was actually nice. I told her what was going on and she told me that it could be refurbished. I said that would be fine if it were a refurbished LG and not this China junk. She puts me on hold for a few minutes then comes back and says that they can send me out a brand new LG just a different color. OK thats fine. She wasn't done. They are also giving me a car charger, blue tooth headset and case for it. Hmm. Sounds fishy to me.

It seems to me that they are trying to keep me quit about sending me a knockoff. I figured that I would let my fellow brothers know about this just in case you have to do a claim.

WOW! :0 Sounds like the old bait and switch routine.. :(

That's too bad to hear. I've had very good luck with Verizon Wireless BUT I've never had to make a claim on the phone.

Thank for the heads up, I'll be sure to be extra careful with my new one because I do remember them telling me that if my phone ever gets destroyed and I bring them in the old phone, they'll give me a new one for free.

Not sure if I want the "new one"............

I've had to make a claim twice, once for a stolen phone, once for a lost phone. The first time was great, but the second was refurbished and started getting a bad signal, slowed down a lot, and the battery go dead really fast within just a couple months. I would do my best to make sure they send you a brand new phone if at all possible.

We will see what I get. I have also had great service from them. This is the insurance company that you have to go through.

I'm not surprised that you got a refurbished phone from Assurian, nor am I surprised by the service from verizon, and the final outcome.

Its hit or miss out there with EVERY company you deal with nowadays. Sometimes you get a person who can help you (in your case the final person), sometimes you get what you got the first two times. Customer service is not what it used to be anymore. The way of the world.

I have heard that you can get a small insurance policy on all your stuff, like phones, ipods, other personal electronics from a company like State Farm for instance. Though I have not tryed it yet. But I hear its cheaper than the almost useless verizon protection they sell you, and it works just like any other normal insurance policy. Might be something to look into.

My favorite things about verizon is the stuff they never tell you. Like if you pay a certain amount per month you are eligible to be some sort of premium member that will give you new every one instead of new every two. Or if you don't sign up for their Total Protection Plan within 15 days you can't sign up for it at all, but you can sign up for some cheaper plan for protection, of which I defy you to explain the difference of the two other than the price becaue I think both go through that crappy assurian stuff anyways.

It seems to me that they are trying to keep me quit about sending me a knockoff. I figured that I would let my fellow brothers know about this just in case you have to do a claim.

I cant believe that idiots are still doing that. Last year I filled out paperwork and recv'd payment on a classaction lawsuit because Assurion was not giving customers new phones on insurance claims. They were all remanufactured or knockoffs. It seems they havent learned their lesson.

FWIW I always opt out for insurance coverage. Phones are now fairly cheap or can used can easily be grabbed off FleaBay..

art

**edit spell

I would take that one right to the paper, Problem solvers.

Verizon is getting too big once again, when they are OK sending knock off instead of the product we are paying for.

I wounder how much U.S. currency they are making over there.

Unfortunately that issue has nothing to do with Verizon or how big they are. All Insurance claims for cell phones are handled by Assurion. And its pretty clear they didnt learn any lessons from their first hand slap.

art

**edit spell

FWIW I always opt out for insurance coverage. Phones are now fairly cheap or can used can easily be grabbed off FleaBay..

art
QFT. Another point is that the technology is moving so fast you will likely want an upgrade in a year or two, anyway..... :cool:

We've been with Verizon and they've been fine. I seem to get riled up and threaten to switch about once a year until I hear from friends of mine about their cell phone woes and I realize Verizon may not be so bad, after all.

Regards - B.B.S.

I left Nextel for them. Nextel sucked hard. The only reason I have insurance is because the phone really wasnt that old other wise I normally drop it.

We've been with Verizon and they've been fine. I seem to get riled up and threaten to switch about once a year until I hear from friends of mine about their cell phone woes and I realize Verizon may not be so bad, after all.

Regards - B.B.S.

I switched from Cingular (well now ATT) because their service was spotty at best here in the Northwest corner of CT and along the shoreline (my 2 primary areas of travel). I havent had an issue with Verizon at all. Their service used to be pretty expensive, but with all the cell competition they are now at the same price as the other big players and I get decent service.

art

**edit i have to learn to spell..ahahaha

I'm going back to paper cups with string! :sign: Verizon has a monopoly on my life! Thanks to my wife they have all of my family's cell phones, our land line, internet and cable!

I went through a similar experience with them several years ago.

My VX-9800 had failed, and they sent me a refurished replacement. I called their customer service and complained that the vibrating alert sounded like a cow with a toothache. The CS agent was very amused by my metaphor, and said that it is their policy to send out new replacements for bad refurbs. Unfortunately, they were out of new 9800's; would I like a new VX-9900?

I've found that when dealing with agents on the phone, it is much easier to catch flies with honey than vinegar. I've been on both sides of the customer service and technical support phone lines. They're just humans over there, and typically burned out. If you can make them laugh, you've distinguished yourself from the humdrum of their day, and they are more likely to help you out.