• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Very Tight Draw - and suggestions

Brucifer

I bought a box of CAO L'Anniversaire Maduros.
The flavor is great - delicious, but the draw is very, very tight.
I've had them in the humidor for a few weeks - but no improvement.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Great Cigar's I would suggest leaving them in your humi for awhile longer, as I have never had this problem with them before. Altho I have had this happen with the CAO extremes.

I had a HDM that was super tight, i took a toothpick and slowly pushed it into the cigar as far as i could a couple of times,that helped the situation. :)

Somebody make a cigar poker that is a thin metal rod you can push thru your cigars. I can't remember who it is though.

AVB said:
Somebody make a cigar poker that is a thin metal rod you can push thru your cigars. I can't remember who it is though.
*cough* Thompson's *cough*

I cut the long bottom part of a wire hangar and sharpened one end. Seems to work. A buddy of mine has asst wire/metal shafts for his AC business. I'd say just go down to Home Depot or the like and look around for something skinny enough it won't explode the wrapper when pushed through. Probably find something for less that $2 that way.

M. Gipson

They're probably wet. Many vendors ship very wet and can take a month or more to acclimate to your desired humi RH. In the mean time you may want to try dry-boxing a couple for a day or so before smoking. Also you may want to make a habit of testing draw pre-light. That way if the draw is too tight you can return it to the humi or dry box and smoke something else :)

I have never had much luck with the whole "paper clip, tooth pick, draw poker" thing, actually I just tossed my draw poker cause it ain't worth a ****. I leave them in a dry box for the day and that seems to work just fine. Then again, I live in New Mexico were the humidity is 0% all the time so that helps with the extra moisture.

You can spend 20 snaps on a poker from Thompson, or you could run down to the grocery store and pick up a pack of metal kabobs which work great. :lookup:

Back