• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Very very upset

diapanos

Banned
*********************************************************************************

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Almost looks like the mold started from the inside. Sorry to hear.

What is the RH reading?  What type of hygro do you have and whats your humidity source? 

That 75* is warm as shit IMO...

Sorry to hear this...

Edit, just realized that's probably not your picture...

How warm are you keeping the storage area?

jsm11 said:
*********************************************************************************************************
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe re-calibrate your hygro and see if its reading accurately?  When is the last time you changed out the batteries?

bluue13 said:
***************************************************************************************************************

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Bbs, does that advanced hygro calibration system come with a plastic Baggie for the test? If not, how am I supposed to test it?

:D

Did you read the description, smart ass?  It comes with a plastic bag that seals quite tightly, and works well for this purpose.  Though, honestly, I prefer to use a mason jar or something along those lines.  

It's so simple, even you could do it.... ;)

diapanos said:

Maybe re-calibrate your hygro and see if its reading accurately?  When is the last time you changed out the batteries?

Same battery it came with.

OK so.......how long has that been in there for?  Could be time to change it.  If you have that much mold and you say you don't think your humidity level has gotten high enough for it to grow, seems to me something is off.   Mold grows where there is moisture and something consumable.  

Do a few checks.  Calibrate your hygro.  Change the battery.  etc. 

Batteries should be changed once a year, and the calibration checked after replacement.

Some guys whine about the cost and inconvenience of doing this routine maintenance, but when you have to start throwing sticks away, that tune changes a bit.

Your humidor looks like a washing machine. That could be part of the problem.

BlindedByScience said:
Did you read the description, smart ass?  It comes with a plastic bag that seals quite tightly, and works well for this purpose.  Though, honestly, I prefer to use a mason jar or something along those lines.  

It's so simple, even you could do it.... ;)

Just like messin with you. :) It's too fun to pass up.

Especially when you call me smart! ;) Even my Mom doesn't call me smart! Haha.

JHolmes763 said:
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^66666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666

BlindedByScience said:
************************************************************************************************

******************************************************************************************************