• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Veterans committee gets it right

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Dick Williams has been elected to the Hall of Fame. No one is more responsible for what the Red Sox are today than the manager of the '67 pennant winning team. Most of you aren't old enough to remember, but the Sox were a perennial 2nd division team through out the '50's and most of the '60s. In one year Williams turned the Bosox into a contender. Congratulations.

Doc.

Dick Williams has been elected to the Hall of Fame. No one is more responsible for what the Red Sox are today than the manager of the '67 pennant winning team. Most of you aren't old enough to remember, but the Sox were a perennial 2nd division team through out the '50's and most of the '60s. In one year Williams turned the Bosox into a contender. Congratulations.

Doc.

I think even more impressive was the job he did with the A's in 71-73, wining 2 World Series. Those teams fought with each other and had huge egos, but when they got on the field, they won.

I agree he does deserve to be in the hall.

Anyone who took the '84 Padres to the World Series should be admitted for that accomplishment alone. He did a tremendous job in Montreal, Oakland and Boston as well. What I'm dismayed about is that this took place almost a week ago and I don't recall hearing anything about it. I listen to a lot of sports talk radio and don't remember hearing anything about an election into the hall of fame. Very odd.