• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Veteran's Day Contest

kiwifruit

Name the person and island pictured below. First to post the correct answer wins. If no one wins by tomorrow when I check the thread, I will post more clues.

It is General Douglas MacArthur. And it is the Mac Arthur shrine on Leyte Island in The Philippines.

It is General Douglas MacArthur. And it is the Mac Arthur shrine on Leyte Island in The Philippines.

Good job...that was pretty quick...How did you know?

Nevermind about the info, I see it in your profile.

General Douglas McArthur and it's the Leyte Landing Memorial on the island of Leyte, Phillipines.

I never thought about Google. I thought the picture would be very difficult to identify as my girlfriend and I took the picture in Leyte back in December.

I've studied the battle of Leyte intensively. It was the last epic naval battle that the world has ever seen. I knew it instantly when I seen it, but got distracted by my instant messenger. Lol. I figured I had that one in the bag. ;) Grats man.

Edit caz I can't spell. Damn that Alabama skoo system!

Been there, did the same thing but that was well before the statues were erected.

Been there, did the same thing but that was well before the statues were erected.

I actually grew up on that island and remember that statue always being there. They did renovate the memorial though and its much nicer now than 1987 when my family left the island.

Scot,

DC 0103 8555 7493 0358 8608

Sorry for taking long. It went out yesterday just forgot to put up the DC.