• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viaje Holiday Blend

c1garfan

Brethren,

I have been looking forward to this cigar ever since I heard it was coming out. I have grown quite fond of the Viaje brand having smoked most of the different lines offered. This particular cigar is the Holiday Blend. From an online site I read they only produce 100 boxes of these, so I was eager to make the purchase. There is no doubt this will be my holiday cigar but I couldn't wait to open the box and try one pre-holiday. The cigars came very nicely packaged with a green ribbon holding the cigars together in the box.

The cigar has some serious weight in the hand. I like the size of this one. You could call it a super robusto. Very good construction with triple caped head and a covered foot which is a nice touch. There is noticeable oils on the wrapper. Enough of this banter, time to punch and light.

Right off the bat I find a wonderful array of spice and leather. I'm a big fan of Criollo and this wrapper is living up to its name. I'd put the smoke at a medium to full body. Nicaragua is producing some of the best tobacco out there. In my opinion there is nothing more similar to a Cuban. Ill venture to say I like Nicaraguan tobacco as much as Cuban, but that's just me.

Passing the first 1/4" I have to say I'm loving this cigar. The resistance is perfect providing copious amounts of rich smoke. Leather accompanies the spice in a perfect balance. I must pause a second to enjoy the moment.

At the half way point I find the cigar has reached its sweet spot. The smoke is full bodied with leather and a sweetness that I am really enjoying. This is where I leave you my friends. Time to put down the lap top, sit back and enjoy.

If you're looking for a great smoke to enjoy this holiday look no further.

Happy Holidays to all of you!

gallery_7858_644_18986.jpg

gallery_7858_644_10452.jpg

gallery_7858_644_14848.jpg

gallery_7858_644_11460.jpg

Funny to see this as I just got back from my B + M. I gave the owner 1 and I smoked one. I found it very good. Full body smoke but not over powering. The store owner also liked it very much. I am also a big fan of the Viaje line. Thanks to Norcal Mark I was able to pick up a 5er from his store. Looks like I will be looking for more after the holidays if they are still around.

Great review :thumbs: Sounds like a great smoke. I am awaiting mine to arrive and might i add the anticipation is now knawing at me. But all great things come to those who wait patiently :whistling:

Very nice review. I'm becoming a big fan of Viaje's lately, and now I may have to seek out a couple of these.