• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viaje Honey & Hand Grenades Review

Nice going Chief. Good to hear from ya, you've been quiet.

Yea school sucks and I work for free now haha. Trying to keep more active. A trip to the local B&M revived me.

Nice review! That beginning shape of the cigar is really unique.

Good job chief. Smoking one of these now (rapier also). Found the mellow pepper in the background very nice on first third but it kind of dissipated. Overall a nice smoke. No worries about the hole in the cap, that's there for moisture control because the foot is closed.

Kinda did it on the fly. Going to do a better more thorough one soon. Thanks guys

Did you happen to see the boxes these HHG's are packed in? I thought the Undercrown boxes were pretty sturdy, but these take the cake, especially in the way they are sealed. Check these pics out.
2012-09-16_11-38-03_386.jpg

Rapier size is 6.6 x 44 so you get the idea of at least minimum packaging.
2012-09-16_11-38-15_428.jpg

All 4 corners had a nail like this hammered flush to the wood. I ended up using my wonder bar to just pry the sides open. This cigar box doesn't have hinges so re-using it to store crap ain't happening.
2012-09-16_11-38-26_144.jpg

After I discarded the brown wrapping I put them in the box. Notice the cover doesn't have grooves to slide onto the box. I just plunked the heavy lid on to keep in my humi.

If this cigar tastes good, I'm going to buy another 5 boxes, sell the contents, and make a bench to sit on when I'm cruising in the back yard. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Haha wow you bought a whole box. My local B&M has so many of their different lines that it's hard to pick out a box

If I had that kind of variety available, I would just try their stock. Since I like Viajes (not all, though) and this cigar I've been following, figured I'd pull the trigger on a box. If I don't like them after a while, I'll sell some and gift the others away.
Sometimes buying a box blind rather than 5'vers works, sometimes I get burned. Still fun to do this sometimes.

Has anyone smoked the Rapier as well as one of the other vitolas? I tried the Rapier and thought it was a really nice smoke but wonder if the sweet/spicy flavors come through a little better in a larger rg?

My local B&M has tons of their lines. I don't believe I've tried the rapier yet.

Hey chief-the Rapier is the lonsdale sized Honey and Hand Grenades.

I wanted to try the Shiv but they were sold out so I settled for the Rapier. I like lonsdales so this turned out to be a good cigar.

I really enjoyed it as well. I just wished the white pepper I got in the first third hung around a bit longer.

I have never tried this line. There are so many which is why these forums are so valuable.

I've smoked a few of these over the last couple of weeks and I like them a lot.