• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

View New Content Acting Up?

MrAnderson41

Cool Story 'Bro!
I've been noticing over the last three to four weeks that when I click view new content, the content is getting more and more sparse. Also, I'm not sure that I'm getting all of my notifications but I can't confirm that either.

Anyone else noticing this?

I haven't noticed this.

Maybe it's just that time of year where people aren't posting as much, thus the reason you think the "New Content" is becoming sparse...

It seems to be working fine. I'll look at the search engine tonight just to be sure.

Maybe it's just that time of year where people aren't posting as much, thus the reason you think the "New Content" is becoming sparse...

I figured this could be the case. Just wanted to see what other people thought.

It's just unusual that if I'm away from CP for a couple of days and I come back and only have one page of "new content". That's why I asked.

May-Sept are generally the slowest months. Now that it's snowing and people are stuck inside, activity generally increases. On a side note, activity on forums in general has decreased since 2009. Many other admins of large forums all attribute this to both the economy being down, but also people spending more time on facebook than on forums. Good news is CP is a solid community that's still growing. The economy has had a larger impact on "luxury forums" due to people not being able to afford "luxuries" as they were able to in 2008/2009.

On a side note, activity on forums in general has decreased since 2009. Many other admins of large forums all attribute this to both the economy being down, but also people spending more time on facebook than on forums. Good news is CP is a solid community that's still growing.

Interesting. I did not know that, but I guess it does make sense. Thanks for the info Rod.