• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vinotemp 12-bottle humidity

g-smoke

Silent but deadly
Anyone else having trouble with the discount 12-bottle Vinotemps we all got off of Ebay a few months back?

Mine refuses to hold humidity -- keeps dropping to insanely low levels and no amount of beads is helping (I've got 2 pounds in there already). I've plugged up the drainage hole as well and can't figure out why it won't stick to 65.

Just curious if anyone else is suffering the same issues.

Is this something that started recently or has it been an on going problem?

How do you store your cigars?

Where is it located in relation to heater/vent?

Is there a slight amount of resistance when opening the door?

Hey Breedy,

It started a couple weeks back, when it started getting colder.

I have cigars in baggies and in boxes -- I'd say it's about 60% full.

It's about 3 feet from a radiator and close to my back door leading out to the back yard. The windows and door in the room (it's a little office room) are well insulated and I don't feel a draft, though it does sometimes get a little cold in the room.

I feel resistance when I open the door.

Thanks for the questions.

Didn't verhoevc have an issue with his as well, or was that another member who bought these?

Hey Breedy,

It started a couple weeks back, when it started getting colder.

I have cigars in baggies and in boxes -- I'd say it's about 60% full.

It's about 3 feet from a radiator and close to my back door leading out to the back yard. The windows and door in the room (it's a little office room) are well insulated and I don't feel a draft, though it does sometimes get a little cold in the room.

I feel resistance when I open the door.

Thanks for the questions.

The resistance would seem to indicate a good seal, the major culprit could possible be the heat. The heat makes for drier air which lowers your rH%. You might try moving the vinotemp or even pulling one of your hygro's out at seeing what the room sits at.

I move mine to the basement in the winter, it stays at approx. 65 degrees and the rH% for the basement sits around 40%. I spray the beads every once in a while and check the water pillows to make sure they are puffy.