• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vinotemp Question

daniyal

Hey guys just wondering if any one out there is currently running a vinotemp using just the beads supplied by heartfelt? I know a lot of you are probably using active humidification with the beads but I live in Pakistan and it very very difficult for me to find a hydra unit here. So if any one has been running on beads with some success in high temps I'd like to know. Secondly I remember reading about self adhesive spanish cedar from 3M can any one elaborate on this? or give me a link to it?

Thanks in advance.

I've seen a few people on here using beads only in their winodors. Maybe add a small fan if you want some air circulation, but with a few pounds of beads, you'll be fine.

No idea on the cedar, though.

---John Holmes...

I have 2 Vinotemps and only use beads - close to 2 lbs. in each unit. In the winter my house gets VERY dry (like 6% RH) so I have to re-wet them regularly but other than that they are fantastic. I also have hooked up computer fans on a timer to help circulate the air but that is not required, I just think it helps a bit.

You can check out some photos and more info on the thread I started a few months ago here.

You basically cannot have too many beads. The more you have, the quicker your RH returns to a stable level after opening the Vinotemp. And since the Vinos are all plastic and no cedar, the best way to stabilize is to fill them up with cigar boxes (full or empty - both will help absorb some moisture and regulate RH) and add lots of beads.

Good luck!

What he said. I have a wineodor using only beads. I go into it regularly, so I usually have to add some distilled water about once a week, but I'm in there so much its more a result of me opening and closing the door. Beads should do just fine.

I run with just beads in mine right now. Approximately 2 lbs also, and I have not had any problems at all. I am in the process of setting up a second one, and it will have 2 lbs as well, but I am going to go with a couple small auxiliary fans as well inside.

Bill

I have 2 Vinotemps and only use beads - close to 2 lbs. in each unit. In the winter my house gets VERY dry (like 6% RH) so I have to re-wet them regularly but other than that they are fantastic. I also have hooked up computer fans on a timer to help circulate the air but that is not required, I just think it helps a bit.

You can check out some photos and more info on the thread I started a few months ago here.

You basically cannot have too many beads. The more you have, the quicker your RH returns to a stable level after opening the Vinotemp. And since the Vinos are all plastic and no cedar, the best way to stabilize is to fill them up with cigar boxes (full or empty - both will help absorb some moisture and regulate RH) and add lots of beads.

Good luck!

That's a nice looking set up you have there bro but I did notice a little condensation in the vinotemp with the Cubans is that a problem? or is that just some thing the camera picked up?

Good luck!

That's a nice looking set up you have there bro but I did notice a little condensation in the vinotemp with the Cubans is that a problem? or is that just some thing the camera picked up?

Yup, most people with wine-o-dor's experience some condensation along the back wall. There is a "catch groove" on the bottom of the unit in the back where drips pool. I check it every week or so and if there is moisture I just blot it up with a paper towel. I have never had much at all - maybe a bottle cap's worth at most. Some folks have rigged drains too but I have had very little trouble so I never bothered. As long as you don't pack stuff against the back wall it won't be an issue.