• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vistited my local B&M for the first time today (Birmingham, AL)

Eryxis

I walked into the Tobacco Shop and while getting my bearings I saw a sign that said there was an "event" today. I'm thinking cool, I wonder what that means. Well... it meant that on my way to the humidor, which is in the back of the shop, I was stopped by a very friendly person who immediately clipped a cigar lit it and shoved it in my mouth (maybe a little more graceful than that, but it all happened in 30 seconds or less). They had some gentlemen from Pinar Del Rio there rolling cigars in store which was pretty cool to watch. The stick which I was so generously given was a Pinar Del Rio Robusto with Oscuro wrapper (I hope my description is accurate). I ended up buying a torpedo, robusto with oscuro wrappers and then another robusto with the sun grown wrapper (and they threw in a free cigar that they had rolled there). Very friendly place and I WILL be back. Very lucky to have gone in on an event night.

Ery

Sounds like a nice surprise.

Bad etiquette however--lighting a cigar for someone else.

Nice!
Glad you had a good time.

I like those Pinar Del Rio. I think they are great for the price!