• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Volume Smoking

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Just wondering how much the amateurs here smoke at one time assuming you don't have a large pull behind smoker.

I recently had two "jobs" for work and mother-In-Law. Smoked 9 picnics at one time in my 40" electric Masterbuilt I bought from Sam's. I started at 1:30 PM and started pulling in the wee hours. I rotated once (top to bottom) but should have also done left to right as I think the right side gets slightly warmer.

The final ones were done around 6:00 or 7 AM the next day.

Got tired of pulling but I found cooking time only took longer probably cause the meat was too cold at the start.

This was the best to date. I found a much sought after pink to be very deep. Something hard to get w/ an electric smoker.

I have a totem smoker and usually fill it during a smoking session. It is the same work to smoke and freeze a whole bunch of stuff then just one item. I usually go one turkey, three chickens, 2 brisket (whole), 6 racks of ribs, etc... for each session.

Fish

I have the Weber Smokey Mountain and smoke a couple of times a month. Since I am putting the time and effort into it I try to smoke as much meat as possible each time. I usually do a full brisket on one rack and two boston butts or 4 racks of ribs on the other rack.