• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vuelta Abajo Pre-Embargo Cuban

63lincoln

Ok, I have been reading the pre-embargo posts in this forum. I have come to terms that my purchase of Vuelta Abajo Pre-Embargo Cuban cigars are probably not what they say they are. ??? That being said, I did smoke one a couple of days after receiving them and it was enjoyable and interesting. Medium strength and smooth.

Has anyone else out there tried these?

Ok, I have been reading the pre-embargo posts in this forum. I have come to terms that my purchase of Vuelta Abajo Pre-Embargo Cuban cigars from Cigar Hut are probably not what they say they are. ??? That being said, I did smoke one a couple of days after receiving them and it was enjoyable and interesting. Medium strength and smooth.

Has anyone else out there tried these?

Hey, what's important is that you enjoyed it.

You have to be careful...cigar websites use creative wording and advertising to have you believe something that might not be true.

Be wary of price...if you were able to find pre-embargo Cuban cigars, I can safely say that they would be much more expensive than the $3.95 per stick that you paid for these.

This might be another one of those brands were they say the filler is pre embargo Cuban tobacco that they finally got back and were finished here in the states. Haven’t had one myself. Like was said above, if you like em, smoke em.

Not had these but I have smoked the Pinar and Camacho Liberty 05 (which I was told contained Pre-embargo Cuban tobacco). The first Pinar I smoked from 2000 was OK. I smoked another one a few years ago 2004 batch I think, and it was very bitter.

Not had these but I have smoked the Pinar and Camacho Liberty 05 (which I was told contained Pre-embargo Cuban tobacco). The first Pinar I smoked from 2000 was OK. I smoked another one a few years ago 2004 batch I think, and it was very bitter.
I don't think the Liberty is the cigar that has the pre-emargo tobacco. I am pretty sure it was the original release Diploma's ;)

Thanks emodx. I was not sure about the Liberty's. However I was told that after I smoked it and made the coment that it had some cubanesque under tones. I was also treated to one of the first Diploma's when I visited Christian's shop during a Miami herf. He is a great host.