• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Warped Don Reynaldo: More TUNNELING Issues

Late yesterday evening I tried another Warped Don Reynaldo 😅 and to my surprise it had no tunneling issues. o_O

The construction wasn't perfect but it only went completely out one time at about 45 minutes in, and I only had two touch ups for an uneven burn. So no major burn issues for this particular Don Reynaldo. I was hoping for good things from this particular stick, for a reason, and I ended up with a somewhat decent result.
The flavors & aromas during the first 30 minutes were spectacular. 😍 After the first 30 minutes the flavors & aromas became much less defined, the strength of the smoke increased, and the experience was much less enjoyable.
If the entire stick would have been able to perform as the first 30 minutes did, this could have easily been the best stick I smoked in 2021 but that did not happen.
So, this stick was a huge improvement on the construction issue without any tunneling, the first 30 minutes was heavenly, and the rest was nothing to write home about. Hey, two outta three aint bad.

What changed?

# 1 W DR.jpg

Last edited:
your car analogy is not applicable. I give up on giving you advice. However, my offer still stands, I’ll buy them off you.

What do you expect from him? He has 14 years of experience perfectly storing cigars. There's no way anything he could do be wrong now after having smoked cigars for that long.

Practice makes perfect unless you practice wrong, or refuse to learn new methods just because the old ways have somewhat worked.

your car analogy is not applicable. I give up on giving you advice. However, my offer still stands, I’ll buy them off you.

Hi Tim,

As I stated in the thread OP, "I honestly would not even give these away, as I would be too embarrassed to do so."
I certainly would not sell cigars that I am too embarrassed to give away.
I have given cigars to folks, in a bomb but I have never sold a cigar in my life; prolly aint gonna start any time soon.

Suggest you try dry boxing them.

Also suggest you try getting different hygrometers.

Different hygrometers and dry boxing has worked for me.

There is a thread in the forum on dry boxing

To be clear

There is no hope for cigars that are constructed poorly.

However, hygrometers must be calibrated correctly.

Calibrate for temp first and then calibrate humidity.

I calibrate temps using a thermopen product, but whatever works for you to calibrate the temp.

Then to calibrate RH I suggest using four Humipacks at 69% at the same temp the cigars are at.

Once calibrated, let your humidors sit at the appropriate temp/RH for a while.

Then try dry boxing for up to ten days.

If they're not smoking well, it's time to try some different cigars.

One of theeat things about cigars is trying different ones. I have never smoked the brand you are having problems with.

We all have different palates. Mine tends to Illusione and Tatuaje. Even more so than the Cubans.

Hope this helps and you have a great time on your cigar journey.

I’ve heard of people having such issues running at that rh. Many (myself included) have moved to 62%-65%.

Hi Tim,

I tend to agree with Bill @CigSid on the matter. His recommendation for 'proper' storage is in the OP, here.
"Cigars should be stored at between 67 and 70 percent humidity, to prevent the precious oils from drying up, and for maximum aging potential."

As I stated previously, my hygros are currently sitting @ 68%/69%, +/-1% Rh.

Since you are storing your stash at 62%-65%, I'm glad that works for you. Good luck.

Hi Tim,

I tend to agree with Bill @CigSid on the matter. His recommendation for 'proper' storage is in the OP, here.
"Cigars should be stored at between 67 and 70 percent humidity, to prevent the precious oils from drying up, and for maximum aging potential."

As I stated previously, my hygros are currently sitting @ 68%/69%, +/-1% Rh.

Since you are storing your stash at 62%-65%, I'm glad that works for you. Good luck.
Did you even read the rest lmao yes you store at that but lots of cigar benefit for dry boxing at 60% for a week to two weeks. Could solve you issue. But you to much of an asshole to listen to advice. Not even sure why you post issues if you to full of yourself to listen to people trying to help.

Did you even read the rest lmao yes you store at that but lots of cigar benefit for dry boxing at 60% for a week to two weeks. Could solve you issue. But you to much of an asshole to listen to advice. Not even sure why you post issues if you to full of yourself to listen to people trying to help.

Tim asked me, "You still haven’t answered the question, what is your storage rh and temperature?"

I eventually replied to Tim with, "Rh is currently holding @ 68%/69% (+/- 1%) & the temp is pegging 67 degrees F."

I went on to cite the 'Dry Boxing' thread posted by member @CigSid, in which Bill states. " Cigars should be stored at between 67 and 70 percent humidity, to prevent the precious oils from drying up, and for maximum aging potential."

That all applies to STORAGE, correct? Correct.

To answer your question, I did read the rest of the 'Dry Boxing' thread; it's about 'dry boxing' but it also contains a recommendation from @CigSid to store cigars at the 67% to 70% Rh range, which is within the range I informed Tim where my hygros were currently at, at the time I made that post.

Also, as I stated, if the 62%-65% range works for Tim, then fine; that's his choice.

I understand the difference between 'storage' and 'dry boxing.'

I also understand all you want to do is come into this thread & create drama. That is also your choice but it makes you look like a prick.

Tim asked me, "You still haven’t answered the question, what is your storage rh and temperature?"

I eventually replied to Tim with, "Rh is currently holding @ 68%/69% (+/- 1%) & the temp is pegging 67 degrees F."

I went on to cite the 'Dry Boxing' thread posted by member @CigSid, in which Bill states. " Cigars should be stored at between 67 and 70 percent humidity, to prevent the precious oils from drying up, and for maximum aging potential."

To answer your question, I did read the rest of the 'Dry Boxing' thread; it's about 'dry boxing' but it also contains a recommendation from @CigSid to store cigars at the 67% to 70% Rh range, which is within the range I informed Tim where my hygros were currently at, at the time I made that post.

Also, as I stated, if the 62%-65% range works for Tim, then fine; that's his choice.

I also understand all you want to do is come into this thread & create drama. That is also your choice but it makes you look like a prick.
Your the prick lol dry box the problem cigars and it will most likely solve the problems your having.

To be clear

There is no hope for cigars that are constructed poorly.

However, hygrometers must be calibrated correctly.

Calibrate for temp first and then calibrate humidity.

I calibrate temps using a thermopen product, but whatever works for you to calibrate the temp.

Then to calibrate RH I suggest using four Humipacks at 69% at the same temp the cigars are at.

Once calibrated, let your humidors sit at the appropriate temp/RH for a while.

Then try dry boxing for up to ten days.

If they're not smoking well, it's time to try some different cigars.

One of theeat things about cigars is trying different ones. I have never smoked the brand you are having problems with.

We all have different palates. Mine tends to Illusione and Tatuaje. Even more so than the Cubans.

Hope this helps and you have a great time on your cigar journey.

Thank you for your thoughtful & respectful post @personal User
I'm glad you posted here to add some positive input, instead of posting to create drama, and bullshit, like some seem to constantly choose to do.

If you look at my post #21, I state that I had one of the Don Reynaldo sticks yesterday evening.
In that post I also stated, "I was hoping for good things from this particular stick, for a reason, ..."
This particular cigar's performance, as it relates to construction was a huge improvement, over all of the Don Reynaldo sticks that I had smoked previously, from the 1st box.
Is there something that could account for that difference? As I asked in that post, "What changed?" No one replied.
The difference is:
(1) the Don Reynaldo I smoked yesterday evening was taken from the 2nd box (as mentioned in the OP) that I purchased
(2) this 2nd box was produced/rolled by a different roller than the first box; the first box containing all the sticks that tunneled
(3) the 2nd box was actually stored at a higher humidity level Rh than the 1st box, from which all the cigars tunneled

Scott, from Warped cigars, was already aware/informed (before today) that the two boxes were rolled by different rollers.
I contacted Scott this morning to let Scott know that the one cigar I smoked yesterday evening, from the 2nd box, that was rolled by a different roller, had no tunneling issues, and had no major burn issues whatsoever.

Here is something that Scott told me earlier this week in one email: "When dealing with premium cigars, a human is indeed in charge of the construction, and like any human they have good days and bad, it does happen for any manufacturer. While we try to instill on them the importance of attention to detail, sometimes on some days it goes in one ear and out the other."

So, your comment about cigars that are, "constructed poorly" holds a lot of weight, even for the right hand guy to Kyle Gellis; Scott.

I'm glad you get this concept concerning cigar construction. Many, obviously, are completely oblivious to the concept.
Obviously, you are not. Good on you bro'

Last edited:

So, yes… this thread was about “dry boxing”

The below linked thread is interesting, and on multiple levels.

OP states he has tunneling issues for 50% of his smokes from one particular box.
OP also states he keeps his humidor at 60% - 65% Rh, yet he has no comparable issues with his other sticks, only the one box.
Post #3 tells OP, "likely too much humidity." 🤣
Post #4 tells OP, " ........ lower RH 61-62%. Give that a try, see if it helps." 🤣
Post #8: Jon Drew from Drew Estate offers to replace the tunneling stogies. 😎 Now, that is classy. :D
Several posts follow offering Jon Drew some well deserved praise for being classy & doing the right thing.
Pretty cool thread.

Too bad we didn't have a repeat .......

Could be they were using the new fireproof wrappers. If it was a Maduro it was probably wrapped in cardboard.