• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Water On My Sticks.

Sunshine86

Nicaraguan Whore
I just went down to the basement to check my RH and admire my sticks and, much to my dismay, I found that a pair of Fuente Short Stories at the very top of my humidor (a 50-75 count desktop) had, apparently, come in contact with the foam humidifier causing a small drop of water to collect on the wrappers at the point of contact (close to the foot, at the widest point of the cigars). I gently dried the cigars and corrected the placement issue. I'm now wondering if these are ruined or if they will dry and remain smokable. Any input?

Also, before anyone says anything, I know I need a bigger humidor, beads, and a digital hygrometer--I'm working on it.

Send them to me and I will take one for the team. I'll smoke it and let you know. lol

In all seriousness I think that as long as it hasn't been sitting like that for a while and mold hasn't started to form it should be fine. Just keep an eye on it to make sure nothing starts to form.

I have had a humidifier fall on some cigars before, and get them a little to wet. It's never been a problem for me, but definitely keep an eye out for mold. Or just smoke them, and then you don't have to worry.

I have had the same thing happen way too much lately. I have decided to stop hanging my humidification devices from the top of the humidor. I now put a length of cedar lining from my ISOM cigars under the humidification device and put the device facing up with the cigars.

On the mold issue, I recently found one of my La Aurora Preferidos was damaged by a getting too close to the humidication (I had not flipped them yet) and looked like it was growing something. It was on the tip so I just clipped off the tip. Should I just get rid of it and write it off to experience?
Doesn't fire kill everything anyway :whistling:

I no longer keep my shelf in the lid since it has a tendency to drip every once in a while. Cigars that have had a drip or two on them smoke fine in my experience. Although you should avoid it if possible.

Thanks for the information and reassurance, guys. I checked them when I got home from school this afternoon and, had I not known what had happened, I wouldn't have been able to tell otherwise--no sign of any damage or mold whatsoever. Now I just have to deal with my humidifier insisting on keeping a consistent 75% RH.

Keep an eye out for mold on the smokes, but otherwise I think you will be fine. If you don't think the smokes will make it, my addy is in my profile. J/K