• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ways to add COOLING to a coolador?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Without buying a wine fridge - is there any way to add cooling to an existing humidor? (ie: a coolerador)

I've been reading about the vino's and other wine fridges with thermoelectric cooling mechanisms, but I'm wondering how would someone add a device - like a peltier - to add cooling to an existing humidor.....

Before I got my Vinotemp (which is great!) I went low tech and put some re-freezable ice packs in my cooler.

I have actually used ice packs before and they do ok as long as you are attentive. I have used them in passes also when temps were abnormally high.

Peltier devices (aka thermoelectric devices) are great for cigar cooling, but outside of a vinotemp, you will have to worry about condensation, Peltier quality/reliability, aluminum heatsinks, heat exhaust, mounting the unit, fans, etc..... IMHO, its not really worth the trouble to build into a cooler. Just buy a vino when there is a good deal going, or like everyone else says....ice pack it!