• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

We Are Moving on...

riverratt

Biglew
First I want to thank the BOTL/SOTL's that posted such kind words about losing Rup.

Second, I came home from some last minute shopping yesterday. My children and wife said we have some great news. They approached me with a picture and as they presented it to me said, "Hey dad we found another Beagle-Bassett hound pup and it is really close to us!" They showed me the picture and I couldn't resist. It is a recued pup from a farmer whose female Bassett was mated by a neighbor's beagle (not intentionally). So Thursday we are going up to get the pup. My decsion to get it was influenced by the mood of our other dog who seems to really be missing Rup. I feel she needs a pal and on Thursday she will have a companion.

Congrats on the new addition. A new pup should help ease the pain of your loss.

Congrats on the new puppy...!! Sometimes, a new little terror in the house provides just the right amount of diversion and focus to help you move past a loss. Great move..... :thumbs:

....course, with a new puppy you restart the "pee, poop, and chew" paradigm, but I'm sure you guys will do fine... :laugh:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

...was mated by a neighbor's beagle (not intentionally).

Oh, I reckon the beagle intended it alright. :D

Congrats on the new addition to the household!

Congrats on your new family member! :thumbs:

Nice to hear you got a now member of the family. I remember when my Mina (Black Lab) died our Chocolate Lab almost grieved herself to death. We were hand feeding her and she was really bad. Then we got the Jack Russel and all was well. Dogs love company, and 2 is as easy to care for as one, if not easier.

Thanks guys. We are off today to get the pup. What a rare find too. To find a Beagle Bassett Pup (that's what Rup was) that is a rescue and only 8 weeks old, Wow! Rup was 3 when we rescued him. We have to travel 2.5 hours to get him. I can't wait to see Mandy, our black lab mix's reaction when we bring the pup home. She has been searching the yard and sitting at the door waiting for old Rup to come home.

A "name the dog" contest would be neat. There's lots of cigar references you could get away with. How 'bout "Opus", or "Rocky"?

....or maybe TRIUMPH!!!

Good Deal!!! Glad to hear you moved quickly- Dogs are attached to other dogs whether we think they are or not... I vote Ligero for the name!!!! We are looking at our local shelter for the Golden Weiner= they should be ready in a couple weeks. Not looking forward to the training, but def love a puppy!!! Congrats!

Sorry guys, my wife named the pup before we even picked him up. His name is Murphey. I also found out his father was beagle/jack russle. But, he is a cool pup. real laid back. He and Mandy are getting along fine. Mandy is acting a little different, like she is kind of mad at me.

Sorry guys, my wife named the pup before we even picked him up. His name is Murphey. I also found out his father was beagle/jack russle. But, he is a cool pup. real laid back. He and Mandy are getting along fine. Mandy is acting a little different, like she is kind of mad at me.

My beagle did the same thing when I brought my bulldog home. They get over it quick and will be buds in no time.

Congrats on the new addition!

We got our first family dog after my first daughter was born 4 years ago. A boxer, and we kind of rescued him. He was from a stolen litter. We of course had to name him Rocky. He got very ill from an infection in his spine from when they cut his tail. The vet recommended that we get another dog to help him. IT WORKED GREAT!

Well we went to the shelter today and looked at my "Golden-Weiner"... they were cute as heck, and we put our name on one to get in line. Its a great thing they have going at those shelters.... finding homes for animals and all... So looks like our two big dogs will have a little brother or sister soon...