• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Weather affecting cigars

pulse746

My cigars lately have all been turning soggy and bitter, wrappers aren't burning etc. I keep my wineador at 67 and have a humidor at 62 where I keep the weeks smokes. It has been very humid however in RI. Can this outside humidity be affecting the cigar as I smoke?

I think he is asking more along the lines of the cigar getting wet as it is being smoked as opposed to the conditions inside the humidor while being stored. Short answer is yes. Happens to me quite frequently. I just keep the lighter handy for touch ups.

oke&coke said:
I think he is asking more along the lines of the cigar getting wet as it is being smoked as opposed to the conditions inside the humidor while being stored. Short answer is yes. Happens to me quite frequently. I just keep the lighter handy for touch ups.
Yes O&C that is exactly what I'm asking. Nothing to do with humidor conditions.

pulse746 said:

Yes O&C that is exactly what I'm asking. Nothing to do with humidor conditions.
Every time that you draw from a cigar, you are pulling some of the moist air into it so it stands to reason that the tobacco will pick up some moisture.  If it is humid enough it could affect the smoking of the cigar.  I have had one or two get wet enough that they didn't want to stay lit no matter what, while the first half smoked perfectly.  That said, other factors could be at play.