• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wedding Reception Tip

wasy

My daughter is getting married Saturday and I thought the standard 20% tip would apply for the crew running the reception, the wife says she spoke to the Maitre De and he indicated 6% is a nice tip. While I'm not thrilled at 20% of a five figure number 6% seems low.

Anyone know for sure?

Depends on the service.

Pick a number AFTER the job is done.

Here's a good linky!

Oh yea..check the contract with the facility...they may INCLUDE the tip already....but a little extra 'cash' on top never hurts!

When my wife and I got married we gave a 12% tip for the food service. Granted our whole wedding was only five small figures (in comparison to just your food cost), and our food budget was 4000. If the Maitre De thinks 6% is appropriate, let that be your jumping off point, and if the service is excellent, up it accordingly.

The Maitre' De is giving you a ballpark number. As a former food service pro, I wouldn't go below 6%, but if the service is great, 10% is an excellent tip for this service.

Depends on where in the country you are and what your contract states, most catering facilities will factor in a gratuity when they give you a price and it is stated in the contract. If they have not, I would look do do something along the lines of 12 to 15 %.

At our wedding, it was standard tipping. Contract stated minimum 10%. We gave in the range of 15%. Would've been higher but they totally screwed us when it came to serving the cake. Still pissed about that...