• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Weekend Smokes?

tsmckenney

Mick
A few notes from the weekend. I finally had a chance to try the Tat Red Label. Great smoke. Great, great smoke.

The Padilla Achilles Toro, not a bad smoke. Lot of spice, nothing complex. I think some aging would do wonders, but not bad.

Couple of mild sticks: Macanudo Gold Label Somerset and the Rocky Patel Conn Torpedo. Something worth noting here. I don't get the Macanudo thing. They are supposed to be this ultra-smooth cigar, but each one of the Cafe and Gold cigars I've tried carry this very bitter aftertaste. I think their maduros are pretty smooth, but I'm usually too busy fighting a tight draw on those to ever enjoy them. Now, the Rocky Conn, on the other hand, was very smooth. Hands down, that cigar won the battle of the mild sticks. And I think I can officially say that I am done with Macanudo Cafes and Golds.

Anyone else smoke some good/bad stick over the weekend?

ts

A few notes from the weekend. I finally had a chance to try the Tat Red Label. Great smoke. Great, great smoke.

The Padilla Achilles Toro, not a bad smoke. Lot of spice, nothing complex. I think some aging would do wonders, but not bad.

Couple of mild sticks: Macanudo Gold Label Somerset and the Rocky Patel Conn Torpedo. Something worth noting here. I don't get the Macanudo thing. They are supposed to be this ultra-smooth cigar, but each one of the Cafe and Gold cigars I've tried carry this very bitter aftertaste. I think their maduros are pretty smooth, but I'm usually too busy fighting a tight draw on those to ever enjoy them. Now, the Rocky Conn, on the other hand, was very smooth. Hands down, that cigar won the battle of the mild sticks. And I think I can officially say that I am done with Macanudo Cafes and Golds.

Anyone else smoke some good/bad stick over the weekend?

ts

I enjoy the Tat Red very much as well, I haven't had too many Padilla, but I've had that one. I can't remember the profile much, but I know it didn't knock my socks off and give me the desire to get more.

I had a few good ones this weekend, Anejo 50, Opus X BBMF, and a DPG Black Label Belicoso. All outstanding, but the Opus X really did live up to the hype. It was a fabulous cigar and the best Opus I've had.

I ordered 12 of the Achilles off CI a while back because I had really enjoyed the Padilla Obsidian. I smoked one Achilles the day they came in from CI and was unimpressed. I smoked another one a little over a month later (about two weeks ago), and it was better. I agree that some age might do this cigar a world of good!!