• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well tried Velvet today.

SmokinInCanada

I was offered a small amount of Velvet from one of the "old timers" as I call 'em at my local B&M and figured the stuff has been around forever so thought I would give it a try. I'm smoking it in my Canadian or Lumbermill as some others would call it and have to say it is an alright tobacco. I can see why it has been around forever and why some people still swear by it today. It's nothing to fancy but nothing that is going to make you throw up either, something a working man can pick up easily and smoke but all and all it's an alright tobacco. Doubt I will be picking up anymore myself though.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried it but then again it's almost a prerequisite to try it once in your pipe smoking life :p Or if anyone smokes it on a regular basis?

Is Velvet like the Canadian version of Prince Albert or Half & Half?

It's not Canadian, but it is in the realm of Prince Albert and other "drug store" tobaccos. Read about it HERE.

I've never smoked it. It's not available in the stores up here and I've not heard enough about it to spur a purchase.