• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a day!

Shuji

Had a great day till this afternoon. This afternoon, I picked up a huge cigar, a big ol' Sherpa that coventrycat86 sent me. (thanks, Bill.) Walked outside, and as I did, I slammed my right ring finger in the door.

Hurt like hell, it did, and I dropped that Sherpa under the porch of my smoking room. Gone.

Left the house to run down to my dad's (about 9 houses down) for some pain pills as my nail started to blacken, and noticed my mailbox was opened. Closed it, and picked up my mail from the street all the way to dad's. Bastard kids. This explains why one or two packages have gone missing (never showed up!)

Called and reported the mail problem and iced my finger up, then realized I'd left the coffee pot running with about a 1/4 inch of coffee in it all day long.

This just is NOT my day.

Bobbyson1a said:
I hear you bro. I had to go to the ER 2:30 am and had my gallblater removed.
what can you say $hit happens. :D
TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it bro! I hate crappy days but you just gotta move on and keep your head up.

We are here for you.

Phil

You guys better take care of yourselves. I can't have my pass members getting injured :p

Things will get better, make sure them kids don't get our stogies :0

oohhhhhhhh the pain. I need some :p
Real bad. I can't type anymore the pain is too severe ;)

Bobbyson1a said:
Shuji if you need pain killers I'm loaded with them.
nah, it's okay right now as long as I don't type with it. The nail has regained its normal color, but i have a nasty bruise on the side of it, and can still barely move it.

:( Wishin I had some pain killers, arthritus and back surgerie crapo got me hurtin bad, Doc don't give me any, she is afraid I might get hooked, sheesh. I guess she would say I ain't hooked on my BP meds...

Sorry, thread jack off*

PuroBrat said:
:( Wishin I had some pain killers, arthritus and back surgerie crapo got me hurtin bad, Doc don't give me any, she is afraid I might get hooked, sheesh. I guess she would say I ain't hooked on my BP meds...

I had Back surgerie 5 yrs ago haven't been able to work since.

Dude that sucks!

Well the package I sent you is pretty big, doesn't go fit in a mail box.

The PO should crack down, hard. I rememebr some kids in my grade school getting into LOTS of trouble for doign **** like that, that's when I learned messing with mail is a Federal offense. Not to be taken lightly. Make sure you follow up on that.

Anyways hope the finger feels better. Can you hold a cigar with that hand?

Any chance of getting one of those kids to crawl under the porch for you?

Lumberg said:
The PO should crack down, hard. I rememebr some kids in my grade school getting into LOTS of trouble for doign **** like that, that's when I learned messing with mail is a Federal offense. Not to be taken lightly. Make sure you follow up on that.

Anyways hope the finger feels better. Can you hold a cigar with that hand?

Lumberg is right about the post office. My Dad is a retired postmaster, and I have heard many stories over the years about the US postal inspectors. Those guys are as serious as a heart attack and have a 97% conviction rate. Stealing mail may not seem to be that serious to many people, but messing with a mailbox is a federal felony and those kids will be in a world of trouble if they are caught (once a mailbox is erected, it becomes US property). The postal inspectors will even take the time to stake out mailboxes where problems are occurring (before the 9/11 catastrophe, anyway). You should definately report this to your local postmaster, if you haven't already.

BACCHUS said:
Lumberg said:
The PO should crack down, hard.  I rememebr some kids in my grade school getting into LOTS of trouble for doign **** like that, that's when I learned messing with mail is a Federal offense.  Not to be taken lightly.  Make sure you follow up on that.

Anyways hope the finger feels better.  Can you hold a cigar with that hand?

Lumberg is right about the post office. My Dad is a retired postmaster, and I have heard many stories over the years about the US postal inspectors. Those guys are as serious as a heart attack and have a 97% conviction rate. Stealing mail may not seem to be that serious to many people, but messing with a mailbox is a federal felony and those kids will be in a world of trouble if they are caught (once a mailbox is erected, it becomes US property). The postal inspectors will even take the time to stake out mailboxes where problems are occurring (before the 9/11 catastrophe, anyway). You should definately report this to your local postmaster, if you haven't already.
They told me that they'll be staking out my mailbox from noon to 5:30 (when I get home) for at least the next week. I hope they catch the little snotball.

Shuji said:
BACCHUS said:
Lumberg said:
The PO should crack down, hard.  I rememebr some kids in my grade school getting into LOTS of trouble for doign **** like that, that's when I learned messing with mail is a Federal offense.  Not to be taken lightly.  Make sure you follow up on that.

They told me that they'll be staking out my mailbox from noon to 5:30 (when I get home) for at least the next week. I hope they catch the little snotball.
Great news! I hope they catch the bastid.

Shuji said:
BACCHUS said:
Lumberg said:

Yep definitely keep us updated bro!

and I dropped that Sherpa under the porch of my smoking room. Gone.

Well, not that I'm trying to make light of a real lousy day because I feel for ya Charlie BUT, you coulda dropped that Monte #2 or that Partagas under the porch.

Those are much better cigars than that ole Sherpa!!

See, as bad as this day was, it coulda been worse ;)

Oh yeah, I did think about that one! Good thing I didn't drop a better stick. :)