• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What A RUSH

OutlawD

Dastardly Dirick
This fine brother smacks me with a stack of RUSH bootlegs, rare recordings from the middle 70's to the present.I am a huge Rush fan and this stuff just blows me away.

"Heres a song from our next album, It's actually the title track, we just wrote it last week, this is called Fly By Night."-Geddy Lee, The Agora Ballroom 12/74

Love this stuff, especially that stuff from 74.

Thanks Robby I owe you one man!!!!

Glad you like them Dirick, and you don't owe me squat, just knowing you will enjoy them as much as I do is enough. Also check out Alex's gutar solo in Working Man on one of the 70's (can't remember which one right now) but it is part of Bytor that hasn't been written yet!!!! Good stuff!!
Robby

Big fan of them here as well! Saw them in Atlanta in 1987...Blue Oyster Cult opened for them!

2112 Overature is a masterpiece!!!....love how it leads into The Temples Of Syrinx!!

RUSH is one of my favorite bands. I finally got to see them in Dallas during the 30th Anniversary Tour. AWESOME show!

Holy Crap Robby I just saw that today is your Birthday!!!!!!

Happy Birthday,

"Well I know they always told you, selfishness was wrong, but yes it was for me not you I came to write this song."

and from one of my all-time favorites,

"They shoot without shame,in the name of a piece of dirt, or a change of accent, or the color of your shirt.
Better the pride that resides, in every citizen of the world, than the pride that divides, when a colorful rag is unfurled."

;)

Got to sample some of the tunes on the 70's cd's, great stuff.
I work with Dirick, and I am also a huge Rush fan.

Thank you VERY much.

Scott glad you are enjoying them as well. My wife and I are leaving for a cuise today, when I get back I'll see if I can't round up a few more for y'all. Right now I have an LCDH in Aurba in my sights :whistling:

"Heres a song from our next album, It's actually the title track, we just wrote it last week, this is called Fly By Night."-Geddy Lee, The Agora Ballroom 12/74

Holy Shit! I've heard that recording at a freinds place about 15 years ago on a crappy cassette tape! It was very shortly after Neil joined the band, and it's a riot when you can actually hear the individual people clapping vs. the roar and thunder of applause on recordings not much newer than that!

I'm a huge Rush fan myself, in fact I just got Neil's latest book and started reading it a couple days ago.

Right on!

gonz you are right, the first boot I have was "recorded" about a month after Neil joined the band. When I get back I'll see if I can't put together a little package for you also.
Robby