• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are the Chances...

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
...that we could setup CP so we could directly post pictures without having to upload them to a host site? Is that hard to do Rod?...does it require something very expensive as an upgrade?

Was just wondering...Thanks :thumbs:

Good question. It certainly would help my ignorant ass.

Good question. 

The forum developer is currently working on a new version (major release). One really neat feature will be the ability of simply dragging an image and dropping it into your post editor. It will take care of the rest. :) This feature will be part of IPS 4.0, which I anticipate to be released sometime later this year.

I generally like to wait a few months after a major release, so that any major bugs are fixed. 

Hang tight, there will be some really cool new features coming. 

ironpeddler said:
...that we could setup CP so we could directly post pictures without having to upload them to a host site? Is that hard to do Rod?...does it require something very expensive as an upgrade?

Gary, I'll be there next week so if you need some help with all this new fangled technology, I'll be glad to help you out..... :p

BlindedByScience said:

Gary, I'll be there next week so if you need some help with all this new fangled technology, I'll be glad to help you out..... :p

Bite me...

Rod said:
Good question. 

The forum developer is currently working on a new version (major release). One really neat feature will be the ability of simply dragging an image and dropping it into your post editor. It will take care of the rest. :) This feature will be part of IPS 4.0, which I anticipate to be released sometime later this year.

I generally like to wait a few months after a major release, so that any major bugs are fixed. 

Hang tight, there will be some really cool new features coming. 

Sounds cool Rod, thanks for the info. :thumbs:

Looking forward to this upgrade.  Would definitely make things a whole lot quicker and simpler.

So do I!  Like I said, once the new version is released, I will wait at least until the first or second revision comes out.  Based upon experience, it's always best to let them work out the bugs first. :)  I'm hoping that we should see a stable version sometime early next year, if not sooner.

Where will the images be hosted? CP servers?

Is there an expected load increase once newbs start dragging 23MB pics into posts?

Would be cool to implement a 500kb max size to all images posted/hosted this way.

I can just see a set of 3264 x 2448 pics being thrown up on random threads!