• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are the most commonly counterfeited

Lumberg

Opus Lover
I had a Super Beli today that tasted like burning plastic. Could have been the situation, I know my taste buds aren't the most refined.

I'd think it'd be the parejo sizes, but I'm just wondering.

Perhaps moki can chime in.

Can't answer your question but I pulled a piece of popypropylene bailing twine out of a puros indios once. Had I smoked that one I would have probably found the same flavor.

Lumberg said:
I had a Super Beli today that tasted like burning plastic. Could have been the situation, I know my taste buds aren't the most refined.

[snapback]243548[/snapback]​

And they overcharged you for that cigar!!! :0

You know, I did wonder for a moment if a scrap of plastic had made it in there, but I was in a cigar store, so I couldn't really unravel it and try to find out.

I've seen a few different sizes of counterfeit Opus... even "A"s in a coffin. They make 'em in the DR, Mexico, and elsewhere. Unless you're actually in one of these countries though, it's not too likely you'll run across them.

Odds are there was just something wrong with the Opus. Prestone, perhaps? :)

ggiese said:
Lumberg said:
I had a Super Beli today that tasted like burning plastic.  Could have been the situation, I know my taste buds aren't the most refined.

[snapback]243548[/snapback]​

And they overcharged you for that cigar!!! :0
[snapback]243567[/snapback]​

No I didn't buy it at that store.

I had a problen with a Super Beli about 2 wks ago. But it just tasted flat...not really much of anything...not plastic. BUt try another from him and see what happens...the others from the same bunch taste great! So it could have just been a bad one. Let's hope so and not that the Opus X quality is now going down-hill.

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
I had a problen with a Super Beli about 2 wks ago. But it just tasted flat...not really much of anything...not plastic. BUt try another from him and see what happens...the others from the same bunch taste great! So it could have just been a bad one. Let's hope so and not that the Opus X quality is now going down-hill.

-Fetter
[snapback]243656[/snapback]​

(insert whole schpiel about how cigars are a hand-made agricultural product, there will always be imperfections, blah blah blah)

moki said:
[snapback]243607[/snapback]​

OpusXPrestoneX.jpg

The Opus X PrestoneX is a No. 4 size (5.1875 x 43), Moki.

Lumpy's plastic injected Super Beli is something different. A review may be necessary. :thumbs:

If you smoke the Opus with the wrapper still on, will it taste like plastic? I've not tried that...

ggiese said:
I wonder where they make counterfeit cigars at...
[snapback]243602[/snapback]​

They are made by evil gnomes at the south pole...nasty little creatures.

AaronFromPA said:
ggiese said:
I wonder where they make counterfeit cigars at...
[snapback]243602[/snapback]​

They are made by evil gnomes at the south pole...nasty little creatures.
[snapback]243788[/snapback]​

Yeah - but that doesn't explain how they got plastic in them. I don't think there's an over abundance of plastic at the south pole...

I wonder which of the Cuban cigars is counterfeited the most...

ggiese said:
I wonder which of the Cuban cigars is counterfeited the most...
[snapback]243802[/snapback]​

I am going to go with the cohibas esplendidos num.2

As for the plastic it was my understanding that they import it from Cuba via tunnels that run under the ocean. I mean you didn't have to point this out... I am at least smart enough to know it is too cold at the south pole to grow plastic...sheesh.

moki said:
[snapback]243607[/snapback]​

:sign: :sign: :sign: I just pissed myself! :sign: :sign: