• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are these spots on my cigars?

moki

el Presidente
So I noticed these little spots on some of the PMM's I have. Are these just natural signs of aging? Someone mentioned it is "tooth" -- is that what this is?

pmm_spots.jpg

Tooth is the natural gritty texture of the wrapper leaf which is what it could be. If you gently rub the spots, do the spots disappear? If they are just bumps and don't come off, then it's tooth. If it does rub off easily then it's just the cigar aging. If it doesn't come off very easily and leaves behind a distinct stain on the wrapper then you've got mold!

It's very hard to tell (try and rub it off as I describe above), but from the picture I'd guess it was just some rougher textured wrapper on some of them.

Indeed it is generally referred to as "tooth" but don't ask me do explain it beyong that. I'm not sure what causes it but I sure love a nice toothy cigar. They usually feel and taste great :)

Hmmmm cant be 100% sure by pic? maybe ya should send us one so we can get a closer look

just kidding lol :D

From the pictures I would say it is the Tooth stuff they are talking about. Nothing to worry about. Most of the padron's at my local shop look the same.

Those "spots" aren't spots at all... it's Braille for "You are in for an incredible experience... just torch me!" LOL!

I guess you would call it tooth although "tooth" is most commonly found on Cameroon wrappers. I've had PAMs and regular Padrons with these types of wrappers and I've never been disappointed with them!

Aloha,

Wade

Just to be sure send one or so of those this way and I will inspect it very closely and let you know if it is salvageable!!! Be prepared to send whole pile for proper disposal!! :D :D

gr8full2day said:
Just to be sure send one or so of those this way and I will inspect it very closely and let you know if it is salvageable!!! Be prepared to send whole pile for proper disposal!! :D :D
OH NO!!!!!!! You're telling me that my cigars are infected with MAD CIGAR DISEASE and they all need to be "put down" to save the rest of my humidor??

Well, if it's for the good of the rest of my smokes... give me your address, and I'll send the box to you for proper disposal :(