• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

WHAT BASEBALL HAS BECOME

EdGar

SUPERIOR MEMBER
I remember when going to ball field with your dad was a day fiel with watching your favorite team, eating hotdogs and having a great time. Look at what we have become.

A father and son jumped the fence at Comiskey Park, then violently assaulted Royals first-base coach Tom Gamboa on Thursday
gallery1.jpg

In all fairness to that father and son...I heard that they accidently ended up at Comiskey Park...they were apparently suppose to be going to a Klan ralley. :p

:sign:

This is bull. I can't believe that these psychos would make it to the field in the first place.

someone determined enough to blow by probably (1) unarmed security guard (the ones at the Ballpark in Arlington are a joke)...can do it. and the coaches box is darned close to the stands.

I hope when the team jumped on these two a**holes they got a few good shots in! :angry:

Horse said:
the ones at the Ballpark in Arlington are a joke
Concur. I am going to the Stars/Red Wings preseason game tonight and I am willing to bet that I could do virtually anything I wanted to at that game. Of course, I would not because I am an American and love my nation, but come on, we cannot insulate ourselves from a nation that is choosing to become increasingly more tolerant of these people. If the guy had his shirt off in late September in Chicago, shouldn't he be looked at with a crooked eye? I'll tell you this: When I hear, see, or notice something abnormal, I am going to speak up. People are not getting a free pass from me anymore! If I hear a guy berating his girl, I am going to ask him to can it for the sake of all of us. Do you want an improved America or not? Let's be tougher on each other!

It all STARTS at home. Were these idiots taught any better? Probably not. Yes, we're all responsible for our own actions, but I'll be danged if you'll EVER see one of my kids doing anything NEAR as stupid as this. I don't care how old my kids are...they know I'll find em and, well...

No, I'm not a kid beater, but they have a healthy respect for people and their things....and my paddle.

I don't mean to go on a rant here, but: :lookup:

awww, never mind. this isn't the time or the place.

I'll just leave it with this.....too many people have no respect for authority figures (all the way from the parents to the police).

Completely concur. My parents were harder on me than any of my peers knew, but now I can walk with confidence. There needs to be more of that in our great nation! Horse, are you a parent, by chance? I am not, yet! :D

What a bunch of punks :angry: I wish ballplayers still wore the good old fashion metal cleats...........

My one question though what happened with the umpire who was watching this all happen ??? If I am not mistaking he took a couple of steps back when this all happened :lookup:

I'M WITH YOU HORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should have let the team beat the crap out of those two peices of trash.

benjiev said:
My one question though what happened with the umpire who was watching this all happen ???
Good point. But can we hold someone responsible for a glaring lack of courage?

No not at all I just thought the Umpires were the keepers of the field........ you the town sheriff during the game ;)

The Umps are "supposed" to be in charge. After all , he's the other one with the pads and mask on. ???

I'll have to agree with Bro Horse. We as a country have become too caught up in the race for the dollar. Both parents working, kids at home alone after school. No time from the parents to be parents. Both of mine were normal kids and did normal kids stuff. But they knew respect of authority, and are teaching their kids the same. They know they better, I still have the paddle and I know where they live. :0