• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you buy on reputation

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
As the title says, what cigar did you buy solely on reputation that you thought really bit the big one?

I'll start with Oliva Bolds. I love the Maduros but the Bolds just don't do it for me.

I might get crucified.. but... I keep trying LGCs because everyone is so in love with them, but I just don't see it. Don't like the regulars.. don't like the Rs.. I don't get it.

For me it was Onyx, I didn't like them, I'm going to try them again though. Oh, and candelas, not good. :)

ISOM Montecristo "A" -- construction issues, muddling taste -- I haven't had a good one yet

Cigars? Ah hell, from the title of this thread I was going to tell you about this hooker in Mexico I once............. :)

Allofus, I think I know who you are talking about ...................

Ah yes, anyway, my vote is for Gispert and about 40% of all the ALTADIS products I have ever had the misfortune of buying, except for the ISOMs, of course. :)

Take care,

Bacchus

HdM Dark Knight!!! To make it worse, I drove all the way to the shop to buy just one.

Cheers,
Dixie

dixieland_conjunction said:
HdM Dark Knight!!! To make it worse, I drove all the way to the shop to buy just one.

Cheers,
Dixie
I am with Bo on this! I ran out and picked up a few different Hoyo's, from Dark Sumatra’s to the standard line... Was not worth the effort. :(

Opus X

Moki just hit the ceiling :p

It's not that I hate them but to me all the hype for a cigar that cost a heck of a lot and tastes good but not great does not make these worth the money.

Quite a few BOTL's have gifted these to me and I enjoy them BUT I can't justify the expense but mostly the AGGREVATION of trying to find these. The aggrevation being the smart-assed responses you get from shop owners who get a thrill out of smirking at you when you ask for them and they tell you "Are you kidding? We don't have those." TRANSLATION: "We have them but not for you." because you are not one of their "regular" customers.

A good friend of mine owns a shop in Enfield, CT and he almost always has a few for me so when I can, I pick them up. I use most of them for passes, trades and gifts.

JOE.M. said:
HdM Dark Knight!!!  To make it worse, I drove all the way to the shop to buy just one.

Cheers,
Dixie
I am with Bo on this! I ran out and picked up a few different Hoyo's, from Dark Sumatra’s to the standard line... Was not worth the effort. :(
dixie and joe,
sorry to hear you hate those so much. I do too. In fact, if you send them to me, i'll make a sacrificial burning of each and every one I receive. In fact, i'll even burn them one at a time on a 1/day schedule till they're gone!

Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Churchill

I read a few nice things here and then the local tobacconist had a glowing review, so I bought one to check out.

......... a nasty donkey dick of a cigar. :sneaky:

The La Luna V2 I replaced it with now was dynamite! :love:

JOE.M. said:

Cheers,
Dixie
YUP i'm with both of these guys on these cigars. :(

coventrycat86 said:
Opus X

Moki just hit the ceiling :p

It's not that I hate them but to me all the hype for a cigar that cost a heck of a lot and tastes good but not great does not make these worth the money.
No way I'd hit the ceiling. More for me, baby!! :D

Puros Indios.

Just never figured out why a lot of folks go nuts about them. ???

Shadow said:
Puros Indios.

As Moki said, "More for me!" Puros is just about my daily smoke. That's why there are so many brands/flavors. we all like different things.

AVB said:
Shadow said:
Puros Indios.

As Moki said, "More for me!" Puros is just about my daily smoke. That's why there are so many brands/flavors. we all like different things.
Exactly!

coventrycat86 said:
Quite a few BOTL's have gifted these to me and I enjoy them BUT I can't justify the expense but mostly the AGGREVATION of trying to find these. The aggrevation being the smart-assed responses you get from shop owners who get a thrill out of smirking at you when you ask for them and they tell you "Are you kidding? We don't have those." TRANSLATION: "We have them but not for you." because you are not one of their "regular" customers.
That's how it is at my local shop if/when they get some in. As I've mentioned to moki before, my local shop pissed off the Fuentes and their distributors. When all the other shops are getting their shipments, my local shop is busy counting their Fuente stock on one hand. When they do get it, they treat it like gold and only offer it to the club members. If you want some? Join the club... only $850 a year. For that much, you better be damn sure giving me more than just your crappy little Opi.